Happy 19th birthday Quintus!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Steph & Quintus & L & O, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

If you were on this board a bit over two years ago you may remember me and old Quintus. He went into a remission quite fast, on 1.1.2018, less than two months after diagnosis.

Well, he is celebrating his 19th birthday today!

(oh, the photo didn't work! trying again:)

[​IMG]

I'm not on the board much these days (busy running a very active French feline diabetes support group on Facebook) but Quintus has his own page if you want to keep in touch: http://facebook.com/QuintusKitty

Long life and steady remission to all your kitties!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Happy number 19 Quintus.

upload_2020-2-2_16-42-46.jpeg
    Little bit of "forbidden fruit" there for Quintus. Maybe make his cake out of cat food.
    Yes, remember you well from a couple of years ago.
    Give Quintus a big hug for us.
    Does he still get to go outside for walks?
    French feline diabetes facebook support group sounds great. Three cheers to you for doing that support group.

3. Karen&Rocket

Karen&Rocket Member

Aww, what a cutie! (I checked out his FB page too.) Happy 19th (woohoo!) birthday to Quintus, and big hugs from me and Rocket! :bighug:

4. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Thanks, I'll give him extra scritches and cuddles! In theory he still goes outside for walks but I had (moderately major) surgery on my wrist mid-november so wasn't able to carry him anymore, so he hasn't been outside much since then. And since his week at the vet's the weather has been ugly. Weather permitting we'll pick it up again when I get back from my holiday next week!
    I'm really happy with the French support group. But it's very busy! One cat at the time, we are showing vets the interest of Lantus or Levemir. It's a slow process but the outreach via our members is working!

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  5. Deb & Wink

Steph, would you give me a link to your facebook group? Please.

Is it only for French speakers/ those who write and understand French?

Have a UK ex-pat living in France. She may benefit from your group, although her primary language is english. She is older, uses Prozinc, but may benefit from your group.

She got a kick out of my asking her how her "English language" skills were. :)

6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

It's http://facebook.com/groups/chatdiabetique -- the language on the group is French, but facebook is not too bad at automatic translation and of course a fair number of people on the group speak English too, so we can probably help her navigate the French territory!

7. Deb & Wink

Thanks Steph! Appreciate the link. I've bookmarked it. I see that Quintus is the "Lead spokes cat" and has his picture on the header. Cool!:)

8. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Well, without him there wouldn't have been a group!

9. Snickers and Chrissy

Snickers and Chrissy Member

Happy birthday!!! Congrats to you and Quintus!