Happy 2nd Birthday Jackson!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Jackson is 2 years old today. Estimated. He was caught as a feral kitten during a big snow storm the day before Thanksgiving of 2014. They named him Thanks.

We went to PetsMart yesterday to buy him some prezzies and he got a new collar, because his breakaway collar broke and wouldn't go back together, so he has been wearing an old one of Ginger's. Ginger prefers pink, but luckily there was one gold collar in the bunch, but it isn't quite manly enough for him. He also got some treats, food, a new foam soccer ball, and some catnip mousies. He got pets and attention from strangers and they said his coat was soft and luxurious. When we got to the cat trees, I let him jump out of the cart to check them out, and he obediently jumped back into the cart when it was time to move on. He tried on a small Pumpkin size small dog halloween costume but it was sort of too small and the medium was too big. They ought to have more cat costumes! Of course the kitties wanted to break into the PetsMart bag last night, and so many treats were had.

Our nights have recently gotten cooler, and it is so nice to open the windows once again after the hot hot summer we had. One of the things (among many) I like about the cooler weather is that the cats are more snuggily :) I went back to bed this morning, and Jackson curled up between my shins and we slept like that for 4 hours of luxurious sleep. That is the first time he has done that, and so even though I wanted to move and curl up on my side to sleep, I didn't, because I didn't want to disturb him. I love love love feeling my cats next to me and it is so rare. Neither of them are lap cats either. I think that one day, my two cats will snuggle together. I am hoping anyway.

Ginger is back to eating well again, and wrassling with Jackson. She is still eating more high carb (Fancy Feast with gravy) than she used to, but we're working on it. She's eating some classic and chunky varieties too.

I have been working a lot of hours, and they are getting their two breakfasts in the morning, and whenever (it varies so much) I come home at night the bowls are empty and they are hungry for dinner. Then because they only get 1 dinner, they are hungry for their breakfast(es). It is so nice to have hungry eating cats, again.

My desk top computer kicked the bucket earlier this year and I bought this new lap top, and I had the Geek Squad transfer my photos from the hard drive of the dead computer to this one, but they are no longer in folders or albums and are just a few (almost 14?) thousand photos all mixed up. Here are a few of Jackson:

In this one he looks mostly white.
    upload_2016-9-25_14-45-49.png
    In this one he looks mostly black.
    upload_2016-9-25_14-47-7.png
    And here he is after rolling in the dirt.
    upload_2016-9-25_14-40-32.png
    They almost don't look like the same cat. Maybe I should try rolling my head in the dirt to get soft and luxurious comments about my hair :p.

Jackson is not always on a leash outside, but I do try to supervise them closely, when not. Jackson does this thing where when he comes to me he puts up his tail (in a big question mark shape) and when he gets to me he stands up on his hind legs and rubs his head and body under my hand to get himself petted. I would bend down to/for him, but he likes to reach up and it's pretty cute :cat:

I just like this picture of him, and I have no idea when it was taken.
    upload_2016-9-25_14-55-1.png
    Anyway, he's my boy. He's happy. And I love him :bighug:

2. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Jackson! :kiss: Looking so handsome and shiny. The presents sound meowsome! I would go crazy at Petsmart, for sure. A pumpkin costume!! I'd buy for all my four cats. Sounds like a dream store to me. Finnish petstores are simply put, boring. :rolleyes:

I wish Jackson and you a lovely day :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Dyana likes this.
  3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you, Tina. :bighug: It is a gorgeous fall day, and I feel guilty for being inside right now.
    I just came back in to see if any of my photos of them playing with Da Bird turned out. They are pretty not so good :(
    upload_2016-9-25_15-55-2.png
    upload_2016-9-25_15-55-48.png
    upload_2016-9-25_15-57-41.png
    upload_2016-9-25_15-56-55.png

Attached Files:

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Dyana likes this.
  5. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

Love the photos! I often try to take action shots too, but they're always a blur. :smuggrin: I love Jackson's fur pattern, it looks a bit like Hugo's. Hugo's dad was a bicolor cat too, but black and white when Hugo is chocolate-white. I just can't keep Hugo's nose clean (how do you do it Jackson? share us your beauty tips!)

Dyana likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Jackson! I'm glad Ginger is better.

Dyana likes this.
  7. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jackson!
    He is so adorable! :kiss: :bighug:

Dyana likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Happy birthday, Jackson!!!!! You are one handsome young man!!

Dyana likes this.
  9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKSON! What a fine fellow you are! Enjoy your presents.

Ella & Rusty

Yo Jackson, I bakes you a cimmamum birthday cake with catmint icing. Happy Birthday! Save some for Ginger!
    ~ Chef Rusty

Dyana likes this.
  10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Nummy! that sounds good :cat: I have to eat as much as I can before Ginger finds it. Thank you :bighug: ! Thank you!

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jackson. I'm glad Ginger is better. I love the photos.

Dyana likes this.
  12. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Jackson! I actually love the Da Bird photos because Ginger and Jackson are so animated and obviously having a great time :woot::woot::woot:!!!

Dyana likes this.
  13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jackson.
    Such a handsome boy. Hope you have a lovely day with all those fab pressies.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Dyana likes this.
  14. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures!
    Happy Birthday Jackson!

Dyana likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Happy Birthday Jackson - you are a very handsome black and white boy. :kiss:

Dyana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.