Hello all

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ashley arnold, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashley arnold

Ashley arnold New Member

Hello my name is Ashley and my kitty baby is argon aragon he is not 12 years old he was just recently diagnosed with having high blood sugar so I am starting a new journey with him I have had him from the time he was only about 2 -3 weeks old my dad found him and a litter of siblings in his shop left by there mother we where unable to find a good loving home for any of them so we kept all 5 of them I bottle dead them and raised them aragon and his sister fancy are mine . My sister keep 2 of his sisters prissy and waffles. And his brother who passed away a few years ago caos was my father's. Aragon is the sweetest boy in the world and I hope I can care for him well with this and he can continue to having a long and happy life

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Ashley and welcome to you and Argon Aragon.. Your attitude about your willingness to care for him and provide a long happy life tells me that you will be able to use the information and advice here to make that come true.
    Just to begin, create a signature for Argon, so that his information will be available with each of your posts:
    (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters)
    Have you started home testing his blood sugar? There are three basic components of effective diabetic treatment: proper diet, insulin therapy and blood sugar (BG) testing. The testing before an injection ensures that it's safe to do so. Testing during the cycle between injections shows you how the insulin is affecting his blood sugar levels.
    We can help you learn how to test, what supplies you need and offer lots of suggestions and support along the way. It's just simply the best tool you have to keep Aragon safe.
    This is the welcome mat of the board, a place to say your first "hello" and introduce yourself and kitty. Now you can post in the Main Health forum any questions or concerns you might have, and more members will see the message and be able to respond.
    Looking forward to getting to know you and kitty, and helping you on this new adventure.:cat:

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

4. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mr. Aragon and his mom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.