Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lorry, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorry

Lorry Member

Hello, Thank you for the info so far. I have no issues with my cat eatung wet food he loves it. His blood sugar was 475 when lab results came back Monday. Im upset as my vet never said you need to change his diet except for a 36.00 dollar bag of Royal Canine glycyinol dry food. I did read on here fancy feast classic so grabbed him some. I noticed just before Thanksgiving he wss losing weight ( outdoor cat) so I put him in my dog kennel in the house, was so shocked to feel nothing but bones when I got hold of him. When I took him to vet Friday he only weighs 7 pounds but has healthy appitite, just no gaining. Again Thank you for this site.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the best place you never thought you would be.

You can return the bag of prescription food to the vet for a refund. Just say he will not touch it. I see that @MrWorfMen's Mom has already directed you to the food list in her post in the Welcome Forum.

Please tell us more about the vet visit. Did the vet prescribe insulin? Suggest home testing?

3. Lorry

Lorry Member

Hi Red & Rover, I had to call the vet twice to get blood test results. They thought due to his extreme weight loss he had Thyroid or kudney issues, weighs 7 pounds and lost wright fast ( his brother weighs 15. The vet said results showed blood sugar at 475 and that is it. And once he got started on insulin he would need to visit the office once a week for the whole day at 128 dollars each time. The two tupes of insulin she says one is real good possible chance of remission. I'm scared dont know about diabetis in cats and trying to find help with financial as am on a fixed income. I did read on here about fancy feast so grabbed him some turkey and giblets and chicken and liver. I was not ready for this kund of diagnosies has caught me with my shoes untied.

4. Lorry

Lorry Member

5. Lorry

Lorry Member

Im going to do my best to get the things he needs. Do I have to worry about his siblings? I have his two sisters and a brother. Little Boy (outside cat) is one diagnosed, his brother Cougrrr has to be on CD cat food as he had crystal blockage several years ago. But will I have to worry bout them? Their mom whom I still have was dumped where I live because she was pregnant. How often should I be feeding Little Boy his canned food? So far I give him a whole can Fancy Feast at 8am, 12pm, and 6pm I do add water to it cause he has slowed down on drinking water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.