? Help! If I don’t have enough time to properly stall? AMPS 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Viktoria, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Yesterday Ninja tested at 120 for the AMPS, and since I didn’t have enough time to stall and I wasn’t going to be home, I fed him and did 1 unit. After food he was at 154, but since it was due to food, I didn’t feel super comfortable doing his full dose,
    Same scenario this morning - I need to inject and leave, but he tested at 128. I fed, as I gotta make sure he eats his meal and then leave here shortly, I’m probably going to do 1 unit again, but I would love some thoughts and input...

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I don't truly have a lot of input, as I don't usually give dosing advise. I think the options if you can't stall are to skip the dose or give a reduced dose that you're comfortable with before leaving. While the depot may have been in play, it seems that 1u is likely a safe dose. I feel like I'd rather give some insulin then none at all. I think you may be safe to give 1u today, but obviously take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm certainly not a dosing expert. :oops::)

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I don't have answer for you?