help needed: cat threw up after shot, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenny and Comet (GA), Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Jenny you did awesome!!!! And he stayed above 100 so it’s all great news. Skipping the dose was the right move for you with the past 2 hypo scares you had.

a few things to mention because Minnie tends to do the same. It takes another cycle to get back to the usual numbers again when they go too low sometimes. The combo of not enough food and the insulin does that, but again he was safe through the night so :bighug::bighug::bighug:

how is his apetite this am? Is he back to eating normal? Any more vomiting? Remember what Elise and I suggested if his eating is not back to normal, call your vet explain what happened and get a prescription for an anti nausea med to have handy. Like Cerenia or ondansetron.

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Remember that you were feeding him every hour so you slowed down the drop and pushed the nadir. Makes sense?

3. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

For future reference, try everything if they’re not eating. Even the medium cat. Stuff. On your next shopping trip, grab some tuna :cat:

4. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Omg mine too! I guess they never quite bonded like others do...

5. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

It’s absolutely normal. Low numbers at night still scare the hell out of me and I haven’t had the scares you have in the past. You did awesome last night and so did he! He stayed above 100 even with very little food so that should actually tell you that his body can handle that dose he’s in now. Try to think of it this way :)

6. Jenny and Comet (GA)

Jenny and Comet (GA) Member

I went out this afternoon and got some tuna and more baby food.

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Time to start a new thread ! The site runs better with 50 or less posts in each thread.

Jenny and Comet (GA) likes this.
  8. Jenny and Comet (GA)

Thanks to you. i did awesome because you were such a help. Thank you again!

His appetite has been pretty good -- he ate 1/3 of a small can as soon as I got it down for him. He had 2/3 of another can later and then some tuna when I got home with that.

I have updated his chart with some more numbers from today. As I thought he might, he bounced up. I am guessing he will still be up there when it's time to make a shot decision. I am not sure what to do. I sent an email to his vet this morning and followed up with a voicemail message, but haven't heard back yet.

9. Jenny and Comet (GA)

Saw this after I wrote my last post! I will start a new thread.

10. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.