Help with regulating on vetsulin.

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Betchadeb, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I am hoping that I can get some help with regulating my Skylar who is on vetsulin. Hope that this is the vetsulin site.

2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

Not many people come to this forum. You will get more answers on the Health forum. That's our main place to go. Your numbers are just a bit low. Do not give insulin if the test is under 200. You need to give a smaller dose. It is safer to give too little then too much. Testing before giving insulin helps us keep our kitties safe. One of the last things we want is for our kitties to go hypo. You need to read the "sticky" on managing hypos. I can't cut and paste with my phone, but someone will come soon and give you a link.

Sharon14 likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

See the guidelines for using Vetsulin/Caninsulin here.

5. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hi @Betchadeb,
    How is Skylar doing now?
    You're getting some low preshot tests there... Will check to see if you've posted in another forum. :)

Eliz

6. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Hi Elizabeth and Bertie,
    Skylar is doing amazingly well. I did a post this morning but someone put that post in a different area from where I put it. She did that to get more exposure to it. Hoping to get some answers to it pretty soon. Thanks for checking on us.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.