HELP WITH SPIKE IN BG

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kristine, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristine

Kristine Member

Hello all.
    My sweet little Christopher has been OTJ for about a year and a half. He does have an occasional spike but his numbers have been in the 70s to the 130s consistintaly. He is diet controled. Hasnt had insulin. OK..... I test about every 2 weeks ( I know I shoud do it more often) 2 days ago he was lethargic and wouldnt come and eat with the other kittys. I tested him right away and he was at 233. I let him sleep and 8 hrs later he ate like a champ and after 3 hours I tested again and he was 133. Today he ate in the a.m... and I just tested him again (2 hours after his afternoon meal) and he was 163. Should I be worried??? Should I keep testing every day and see if he "normalizes"??
    OH.... btw.... I have had a house guest on and off for the past 2 weeks. Im sure that this may have added to his stress level since we only have myself and my brother in the house on a regular basis.

Thanks for your input.

Krissy and Chrissy

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I am not experienced enough to advise, but I'm responding to tell you to post this question in the Main Forum so someone will see and hopefully give you some answers. More members keep and eye on that forum.

IMHO it won't hurt to keep testing and see what the numbers are, perhaps at different times of the day to see what is happening. Good luck.

3. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

If he was off his food and acting off it’s possible he had an infection or illness that elevated his numbers. Since it’s been 2 days, you could make an appointment to see if there’s anything up with him. I would think the sooner you can get any issues dealt with, the quicker he’d start feeling back to normal, and the better chance he can stay OTJ. Crossing fingers for him!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.