Help

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Heidii, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Heidii

Heidii New Member

HELP... dr increased insulin’s from1 to 2 units. Her numbers are higher than they were before increase?? Tonight 473 before food and shot!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Heidii! We need to get you a spreadsheet started so you can keep track of your test numbers!

It sounds like your vet is like so many others we hear about here and doesn't know much about proper treatment. Increasing from 1U to 2U is a 100% increase in dose. That's like a human going from 20U to 40U.

We only recommend doing dose changes in .25 to .5 increments.

Did you give 2U this morning or how long have you been giving 2?

Just a little FYI....the ProZinc forum can be a little slow at times. You might want to post in the Health Forum and put the link to your ProZinc thread in your message there to get more eyes on your post sooner.

3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Yes, Chris is right. Got involved in a discussion with the moderators and the consensus is that New Members post in Welcome and Main forum first. To learn the basics first. Then, they may move over to the ISG

The ISG are for more advanced users.

4. Heidii

Heidii New Member

I’m going to give 1.25 this am and change drs.

5. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

@Heidii,

Please start a new thread in the Feline Health forum. This ISG is for more experienced members. This link below highlighted in blue will take you to that forum.
    Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)

To start a new thread, select "Post New Thread" from the top right corner of the screen. Put in a title that begins with "New member, Prozinc" and a question if you have one.

If you know how to create a hyperlink, copy this thread here into that new thread in Feline Health. If you do not, don't worry about it right now. I'll do the link for you.

Will you please do that new thread? I'll look for your new thread over there.