Hi PZI Peeps!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, it's nice to have a home again!!! Hope to see everyone around soon! :)

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we finally exist. :D thanks Rebecca

3. Jane & Boo (GA)

Jane & Boo (GA) Member

Hi there. Silverado and I have made it over here too. I haven't had time to figure out how to add the link for the spreadsheet. I'll work on that over the upcoming holiday weekend. I hope everyone is doing well.

Jane & Silverado

4. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

*waves at the other PZI users*

Even if Gwyn and I almost never get into the ISG boards, it's lovely to know that you folks are here.

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Jane, how is Silverado doing? From your signature it sounds pretty good. :) Is it time to buy OTJ party hats?

6. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

Glad you guys finally have a home!

7. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

So nice to have a home!

8. Jane & Boo (GA)

Jane & Boo (GA) Member

Hi Joanna. Thanks for asking about Silverado. He's doing great. I have his SS posted now. He is now 5 days without insulin and in 7 days has only had a single .3 dose. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I really think he is well on his way to being OTJ. :D He seems to be adjusting well to being an indoor cat, but it's winter... it's hard to say what will happen come spring when he wants to go out "cattin' around". I'll worry about that when the time comes.

You know, my vet told me when Silverado was first diagnosed that it wasn't necessary to home test and that I should just inject what she prescribed and take him in to them every couple of weeks for BG tests. If I had done that, I think Silverado would have hypo'd long ago and died on me. This forum should be frequented by every vet in the nation and every one of their patients should be referred here. The sad part is that my vet is "internet resistant" ... as soon as I mention "internet", the eyes roll and defenses go up. How sad for health professionals to be so closed minded. I plan to make it a mission to change their way of thinking.

Happy New Year to all....
    Jane & Silverado

9. Joanna & Bix (GA)

It's amazing isn't it - if the vets would get on board with seeing what a difference LC canned makes, the picture would be so different for many cats. I knew from my vet that sometimes cats go OTJ, but she presented it like it was this mysterious "cat thing". The connection between LC canned and better #s is just so crystal clear to me now that I've seen it. Like people, and not pigging out on candy bars if you are diabetic. In the "duh" category, and yet the prescription food makers and many vets don't seem to see it.

Ok, well enough preaching to the choir, off my soapbox for now.

Happy new year everyone!!!

10. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Jane-

I am so glad to hear things are going so well for you and Silverado! His numbers are great. :) Keep up the good work, both of you.

It really is sad that so many vets don't see (or don't WANT to see) that what is practiced here makes so much of a difference. I feel like my vet thinks that Buzz going OTJ is some kind of fluke, like Joanna said. And while I know that some cats will never go OTJ, even the ones who don't have such improvement in their #s and their QOL that you really can't argue with LC canned and home testing. But yet, some do. It must be so frustrating for the vets like Dr. Lisa, who DO understand, to watch their colleagues deny and bury their heads in the sand. And also for the vet techs like Jojo and Jess and others. All they (and we) can do is spread the word and hope that we can help even one kitty. We see that here every day, and it feels wonderful, doesn't it? :)

I, too, will get off my soapbox now. :D Thank you for updating us and letting us know how awesome your boy is doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.