? Hold or reduce? 47-49 at nadir for 2 days

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elizabeth20, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Hi

Lily has finally had a couple of days where she isn't bouncing quite as much but I've headed off hypo a couple of times with a tiny bit of honey mixed with food at nadir. She has been on 1.25iu for 5 days and I don't intend to increase again as long as she stays low but I'm a bit unsure whether I should tweak her dose down a tiny bit or wait for any new dose wonkiness to settle. Please could someone have a quick look at her latest figures? Her nadir wanders around a bit and I don't want her to dip too low overnight.

She is free-feeding and is perfectly well in herself. The only way I could have been able to tell she was dipping without testing was because she was sleeping in her old spots instead of her newer hiding places.

I don't think any of the previous threads are relevant enough to link but let me know if they are.

As an aside/hurray, she's gone up from 2.5kg on 19 November to 3.6kg this morning, and I can't feel her spine all along any more. Quite the little chub!

Thanks

Liz

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

A drop under 50 earns a reduction. Her dose for tonight is 1.0. Congrats.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Are you following TR? Above is for TR. If SLGS the reduction comes if under 90. Please add the method to your signature. Congrats!

4. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Thanks Tiff! A ray of hope after a few worrying weeks. Really hoping I can get her regulated before I have to go back to the office every day.

I really appreciate you coming back to me so fast. Have amended my signature and sheet. I know for sure I couldn't have got this far without this board. Thank you again.

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Elizabeth20 likes this.
  6. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Thanks Bhooma! She's back to her original weight, still eating like a horse but I think she's just greedy now - I'll have to make sure she doesn't get too fat!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Not too fat. Just some love handles! :p

Elizabeth20 likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the 1.0 unit dose tonight. :D Don't forget to update the spreadsheet with the new dose.

Elizabeth20 likes this.
  9. Elizabeth20

Elizabeth20 Member

Thanks Wendy, have done.

Wendy&Neko likes this.