Info Holiday Reminders - please read

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Djamila, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi Prozinc-ers!

This is just a reminder that for those of us in the US, we have a long holiday weekend coming up.

Please take a minute and check your supplies. Make sure you have plenty of test strips, syringes, extra meter battery, insulin, ketone strips, low carb food, high carb food, syringes, treats, etc. etc. (my goodness our kitties need a lot of supplies!). Also make sure you have enough of any meds that your kitty might need from the vet since they may have different hours over the holiday weekend.

Over the weekend it may be harder to get the things you need either due to the vet closing for the holiday, or to the insane parking lots and crowds at your favorite stores.

Also, if your kitty is showing any signs of needing a vet visit, try to get in before Wednesday so you can avoid an expensive trip to the emergency vet over the holiday!

This is the time to start adjusting your schedule if your holiday plans will require you to change shot times in order to accommodate the extra time at the dinner table with family and friends. Or you can do what I do and pack up the kitties and take them with you!

And finally, it may be a little harder to get help since more folks will be away from our screens to spend time with family and friends, so if you have an urgent question and don't get a response quickly you can always post out on the Main forum to get more eyes on it.

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

What a great write up Djamila! Wonderful info...we need to keep bumping this for now and then find it again at Christmas time. :)

Bear & Lora likes this.
  3. Djamila

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

bump!

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

6. Djamila

This was originally written for Thanksgiving weekend, so just ignore the part about "Wednesday" and head to the vet today if your kitty is under the weather. With Christmas Eve and Christmas on Monday and Tuesday, vet offices may be closed for a few days...

Rachel and Sharon14 like this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

This is great, Djamila! I missed it first time around. :smuggrin:

8. Djamila

I edited the title to make it more generic and the "info" tag disappeared. Hoping @Jill & Alex (GA) might be willing to add it back (and then I promise not to tinker with the title again). :oops:

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  9. Djamila

Thanks, Jill!

10. Djamila

Bump. This was written for Thanksgiving weekend in the US, but with our Independence Day coming up this week, thought it might be repurposed as a reminder. :)

Rachel and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  11. Djamila

And to our Canadian friends, I'm sorry I didn't get this up in time for Canada Day!
    [​IMG]

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Bump for Labor Day Weekend 2019! :)