Holly & Pablo - Good luck!

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by OptOut, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Holly - Does Pablo's treatment at CSU start on Monday? If so, I want to wish you two the best of luck and please post updates if you have access to a computer.

2. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

:thumbup

Here I came to post about Pablo, and you've already thought of me, Heather!

Pablo and I just got settled into our hotel in Fort Collins. A coworker and I started driving from South Carolina at 7:00am yesterday. It took us 26 hours to get here, but the drive was actually pretty easy. We stayed overnight in a hotel last night. Pablo slept IN his litter box the entire time in the car. Yes, he peed in it, then laid back down. And yes, he already got a bath!

We have an appointment with internal medicine at CSU at 9:30 in the morning, but anesthesia is going to take him at 8:30 for an assessment. nailbite_smile I hate not being with him through everything. I am absolutely terrified they will do something to him because he's AWFUL at restraint. So please say a prayer that he behaves himself and that he has caretakers with long fuses. Because there are times when he acts absolutely ridiculous, and I want to throttle him. And I love him, so THAT'S how bad he is.

Anyway, here's today's picture update:

Pablo says: "What, this isn't what you meant by packing?"
    [​IMG]

"Look mom, I told you I could assist with the packing! I just got tired from covering everything with my hair, so I'm taking a break."
    [​IMG]

*dreaming of a world without acromegaly (and probably an all-you-can-eat high-carb food buffet)*
    [​IMG]

Pray for us!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

For sure we will be thinking of you and Pablo!

Here's hoping everything goes great and Pablo gets those fancy carbs, even if just in dreamland!

Glad for the safe trip there!

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. There is an Albertson's (grocery store) around the corner...there's a back way to CSU that has less traffic. You might want to Goolge it, or ask at the hotel.

Dr. Lunn is very nice and I'm sure they are experts in dealing with even the naughty cats! Just fyi...Boo didn't start feeling "normal" until about 8 pm and she was a bit picky on her food. However, the store is close. Will be looking for an update tomorrow. Good luck and lots of prayers!

5. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sitting here in the hotel while Pablo is at the vet hospital getting his CT. Poor kitty won't be done until late afternoon, and he hasn't eaten since last night at 11:15. :sad:

It's so lonely here without him. And all I have to do is sit here and worry that something will go wrong. I am second guessing myself, hoping that I made the right decision, hoping that he lives through the anesthesia and doesn't come out blind or with neuro damage. I'm scared.

6. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

So he's back from the hospital. The CT showed an enlarged pituitary gland, so everything is consistent with acromegaly for sure now. His BP dropped low during the anesthesia, apparently, so they're using a different protocol tomorrow. I've asked Dr. Lunn to let me know what didn't agree with him so I'll know what to avoid. He was RAVENOUS when we got back to the hotel and ate twice as much as normal. They let him keep his IV at my request since he's such a hard stick, and I've got flush to keep it patent. His BG was only in the low 200s when we got back, and an hour after food, but I went ahead and shot the 7.75 units. I'm surprised, since he only got 3.75 units this morning. I'll keep a close eye on him tonight. Who knows what I'll be in store for this week! So here's today's picture:

Real men wear pink.
    [​IMG]

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

What great news!
    My first thought was ewww pink on Pablo! but if he's OK with it, then so am I!
    I bet you are super relieved to have the big guy back with you; I hope he has a restful nite and his numbers remain decent. Good luck with the dosing, and all of the rest of the process.

Sleep well tonite.

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

He looks so much like my KB. He doesn't look too upset, even in pink.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

9. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm so glad he was hungry and ate well. You said the CT scan showed an enlarged pituitary - did they find the tumor?

Sign up for the hospital tour one day. You might walk around "old town" (not sure what it's called) another day. There are two very good brewerys that offer tours (O'Dells is one; if you see a girl named Amanda, she's my stepsister). Your baby will be fine - he's in very good hands and you're doing the right thing.

10. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Pablo seems to be feeling fine, though I think he feels entitled to do anything he wants as a reward for today. He nearly pulled my food into the floor trying to swipe some chicken!

I forgot to mention that Dr. Lunn said he was super sweet to everyone, purring and "hugging" her when he woke up. And she says he's handsome. :D

Nina: I'd noticed the similarities too! Pablo and KB are my favorite color. I'm a sucker for the gray and white tabbies.

Heather: It was crazy at the hospital today, so we didn't have a lot of time to talk. She actually explained most of it one the phone before I got there. She was apparently double booked. And the radiation machine is having an issue which was being repaired today (?!), so he's not going in until noon tomorrow. She said we can talk more then. Thanks for the heads up about the tour. I didn't realize they offered those. I've got nothing better to do with my time...I drank hot chocolate and tea in my pjs all day. Eh. This counts as my vacation, so I'm allowed to be lazy and do nothing, right?

11. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

So glad everything is going so well. Pablo looks like this is a piece of cake!!!! :D

Jan and Buddy

12. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so glad to read that things are going well so far. Positive thought your way from Mannie and Michelle

13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Good morning Holly and Pablo!
    I hope the 2 of you had a restful night. I wanted to wish you a good day today and hope there are some things to help pass the time for Holly while separate from Pablo.

We'll be thinking of you and sending best wishes to you both.

14. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

What Gayle said....have a good day. Pablo is in expert hands and you just need to keep yourself busy for the day. Soon, your baby will be back with you.

15. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hi Holly,
    Just checking in to say I hope your day went OK for both you and Pablo.
    Have a nice restful night too.

16. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

17. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.