Homemade cat food

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sudio3, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Hello,
    Does anyone have experience or have information about making your own cat food? Or ideally "homemade" cat food that is packaged and I can buy that is truly only fresh meat and whatever else they need? I would like to try as my kitty's numbers are high and he's not doing great. I'm hoping this will help. I have enough trouble feeding myself and my 1 year old so I'm hoping it's not complicated or time consuming. Being able to buy this someone would be even better.

Thank you so much!
    Marissa

2. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Hi Marissa,
    While I don’t know anything about homemade food the Weruva and Tiki Cat brands are a pretty good source for limited ingredient truly meat based foods. When I open my cans of TIKI Cat the “puka puka luau” variety it looks like you could literally make chicken salad out of it. If I wasnt a vegetarian I’d actually taste it myself.

Sudio3 and FurBabiesMama like this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

I would also recommend checking out Tiki Cat or Weruva foods since you want easy. They are not homemade but are very high quality. I feed my girls Weruva Chicken Frick A Zee.

Sudio3 likes this.
  4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oops. I didn't realize you posted here and in Main. I responded on your other thread.

5. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Lol ok thank you. I will give them a try! I am a vegetarian too!

6. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Ok thank you I will definitely check out both of these brands! Thank you!

7. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Yeah I wasn't sure where to post so I posted on both. I will go check it out. Thank you!

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I make cat food following Dr. Lisa's recipe. Djamila's way of making food is probably easier than mine, but I don't find it difficult anymore...took a little getting used to it, but now we make enough cat food to last probably 2 months for my 3 cats in about 2 hours.