How often to test after OTJ?

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Janice & Johnny, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I see a few familiar names here. :D

We're OTJ as of 9/11! Woo hoo!

Wondering...when should we do a test? We haven't tested since the evening of day 14. I saw the guidelines said once a month, but I don't think I can go that long, lol.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i know it becomes quite a habit...almost a little feeling of loss to give it up huh?
    you can check as often as your comfortable with.
    i know i did.

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I test every other day, and Maggie has been OTJ only two months! I agree; do it as often as you feel comfortable. I hope to downsize my testing to every three days soon. It's entirely up to you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i found i almost missed it. i think tom missed it too. it's hard to fill that spot...we were closer i think when he was on the juice, then we went 2.5 years otj, now we're back and don;t get me wrong...i'm not happy about it, but the bonding is stronger again.
    very weird. :roll:

5. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

Thanks! We tested tonight. 91 at day 16. Phew! Was totally nervous.

It is hard to change the routine. The meter's "ding" had become the dinner bell pretty much. Johnny's been sniffing the lancet jar like "aren't you forgetting something??" Thanks for the assurance that it will take time and that we can test whenever we want and not be crazy. :D

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh, i did'nt say we are'nt crazy... :lol: but that's what have a kitty with the dire beasties does to a person

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Maggie sits on the sofa sometimes waiting for me to test her - I can tell by her look. No, we are not crazy!!! :lol:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your right...they grow fond of the testing...but in a way don't we too?

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Yes, we do!! I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way! :razz:

10. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I don't know, MY little guy doesn't miss it at ALL. Maybe because he still gets chicken treats without the test??

I tested every few days at first, then every week, and now every three to four weeks. I intend to go to once a month, but I worry too much! :D

Nice work, Janice. So glad Johnny made it!

11. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Jake has been in remission for just over four months. After daily testing for about the first month, I gradually tapered off and am now testing him once a month.

Judy & Jake

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Oh gosh, I wish I weren't such a worry wort! That will be my goal -- just once a month after I accomplish the once a week!! :razz:

13. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

We are ALLOWED to worry! It's a beautiful thing. :mrgreen:

14. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

Congratulations Janice and Johnny on the remission! Good job to you both!

It took me a while to "wean" myself from testing AJ. At first it was every other day, then every week, then every two weeks. I don't think I've weaned myself completely yet because I still feel like I have to test him about every 2-3 weeks. But I know it's just me worrying and freaking out. I'm so protective of my boys, it's scary. :lol: I do miss testing him often, though. I think it's more of the bonding that I miss than the actual testing. AJ doesn't miss it at all. Like Kathy and Kitty, AJ gets chicken and salmon treats whether or not he gets tested. But, I do thank my lucky stars that I don't have to test him every day, twice a day.

Welcome to the Falls! cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.