? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BckTs0mtFDJfmJ_09W9M44ja2_8rTqGIBLzLmXuWrgA/edit#gid=1369703

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca Yody, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Rebecca Yody

Rebecca Yody Member

marcus 10/19 lantus .25-1 Dosing question - no longer in remission? Eastern standard time.

Marcus has been diagnosed since October 2019. He went into remission in January 2020. Recently he had some unusually high numbers, (Marcus is 18). Is it normal for older cats to be slightly higher or is he definitely out of remission. I got a little lax and changed his food up a bit, I am not sure if that's what caused the rise or not. He is not peeing excessively, his coat is shiny, he is alert and playful. I started insulin again, and as you can see he is fluctuating alot. I am currently giving .25 -.5 insulin morning and night. What are your thoughts ? I am not sure I am doing this right its been a while since i have been here. I was feeding fancy feast naturals, it has been really difficult to get and I got some that had gravy by accident. I am still feeding Fancy feast. Yesterday I got some Tiki cat (he will not eat fish varieties only chicken, turkey, beef)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We have a convention here for subject titles. POSTING GUIDELINES PLEASE READ If you go to the top right under Thread Tools for your first post, you can Edit Thread and change the subject line. Unfortunately this one might steer people away.

To answer your question, there are many things that can cause a cat to fall out of remission. We have one member here with a 21 year old cat in remission, still having good numbers. But older cats can also have other conditions (as can younger ones) that cause higher numbers. Infection or inflammation from dental issues is a common issue. If hasn't been lately, you might want to take him into the vet for a checkup and peak inside his mouth. Resolving other issues can cause the numbers to go down. Also, what did you change his food to? Once a diabetic, always a diabetic and he should always be on low carb food. I've seen cats knocked out of remission for something as simple as some kibble being left out for convenience during a holiday.

Your kitty has gone under 68 on the AT a number of times. That's too low. Since you aren't able to get a second test for each cycle as TR requires, I think I'd reduce the dose to 0.1 units.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Rebecca,
    Thanks for the PM
    Sorry I didn’t get to answer you earlier but I see Wendy has.