Humulin Cloudy Already?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by beene5052, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Our bottle has really been cloudy since the beginning. Is this normal for Humulin? Also, I have posted in another post for someone to please look at Cole'SS. Having trouble regulating him since low greens. Thank you.

2. beene5052

beene5052 Member

He is also drinking and peeing a lot this morning. I'm not sure where to go from here.

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

I believe Humulin is a suspension insulin, meaning you need to gently mix it before drawing doses. Prozinc was the same and I gently rolled it between the palms of my hands for about 30 seconds so it becomes uniformly "cloudy". As long as it doesn't have any floaties or other particulates, it's supposed to not be a clear insulin, it should be fine :).

He's bouncing from hitting those green numbers, so I do not think you want to increase. He may have gone into greens overnight from getting 1.0U on 271 and that's why he's in red this morning. Do your syringes have half unit markings? You may want to reduce and try 0.75U instead of 1.0U. Hopefully some others will chime in too :cat:

4. beene5052

beene5052 Member

Yes, syringes have half unit markings. Thank you for answering Yong! I will reduce to . 75 units this PM. That makes sense as to why he is in the reds this morning. Your advice here is unmeasurable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.