i am heartbroken

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tom had a terrible fight with 'that cat' that's been coming around late yesterday afternoon.
    tom lost badly and slinked away from the brave tux whom i've been feeding. tom not only was hurt physically i can so see how much his pride and ego were deflated. this cat has taken over tom's territory. the fight happened on the roof and altho i was out there desperatly trying to break it up...i could'nt get on the roof so i was stuck just throwing things and yelling.
    last night tom was bleeding and limping....and depressed.
    perhaps worst of all last night was a stormy rainy night and 'tux' (as i now call him) meowed at my door wanting food. i yelled and he did'nt go away. l looked for a squirt gun and couldn't find one so i threw a glass full of water at his face. I have NEVER felt so guilty and horrible in my life as he backed away and looked at me one last time before walking off into the storm. it went against everything i believe in how to treat animals. :cry:
    now this morning i left food out for him. tom will stayed locked in the house and altho i will be gone most of the day, tomorow i will attempt to catch him and bring him to the shelter.
    i can tell he is NOT feral. he's young and very cute. someone must have abandoned him.
    my shelter is no kill and i pray i can catch him and he will find a furever home.
    my heartbreaks at how i treated him(tux) and how depressed tom (former king of the hill) seems so depressed.

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Lori, I am so sorry. I know how terrible you must feel, but you were just protecting Tom. I hope you can catch that Tux and that the shelter can find a good home for him. I know Cindy regularly catches cats, so she might have some tips for you if you haven't done it before. I hope Tom is better soon.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Lori))))) Awwww, how awful that you were put in such a tough situation!!! Both kitties will recover just fine (probably faster than you will!!! we humans think too much, at least I know I do!). We all have things we regret, I know I have things where I wish I could set back the clock and get a do-over, but I guess that's just part of being human - figuring out how to live with the bad stuff that happens, and stuff where we wish we could have found a better approach, but we didn't. I think it's a great idea to get Tux to the shelter, and then maybe Tom will perk up too once he can rule his territory again. Remind yourself of all the good stuff you have done too (like feeding Tux and watching out for him!) & keep things in perspective! I know you feel awful, but more than anything it's a sign you have a good heart :YMHUG:.

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

(((Lori))) (((Tom))) (((Tux)))

I am so sorry you all had to go through this tough experience. I hope you are able to catch Tux and take him to the shelter, and I hope he can find his forever home. I hope Tom perks back up once his pride and wounds are healed, and I hope you know deep down that you did the right thing, even though it was difficult.

5. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Poor Tom! Hope he recovers quickly from the injuries to his body and his pride. Lucy's had to go through the whole indignity of losing Top Cat position in our neighborhood. I know exactly how upsetting it can be for you to watch that status change.

Hopefully Tux will find a wonderful new home where he fits in and is safe.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly terri, watching tom lose his status and acknowledging his ageing status...wow, that is hard. he's not a young stud anymore. altho he was always my baby boy it was understood between us and everyone in his path that he was "THE MAN"
    reminds me of the part of the book in marley and me where the writer notices marley is getting old. natural and inevitable....yet hard to see.
    thanks everyone for your kind support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.