I brought them home....5/31

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I brought Kitty's ashes home Tuesday night. I was both sad and happy. I held them in my lap, just like she use to ride, for the journey home. I cried at the finality it represented, but I smiled and knowing we were in some way totally back together again. I still have not found a final resting place, but for now-- the nightstand seems appropriate. Well, honestly, the pillow seemed most appropriate the first night!

Each day gets easier. I have her picture in my office and am yet to take it down. I did not think I would be able to leave it up, but it gives me some type of peace. It was a "happy" picture of when she was younger and healthy.

Thanks again for all of the support during this time. I am a very strong person, but this has been hard. I loved her dearly.

Attached Files:

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

BIG HUGE HUG Kim...
    I'm glad you're able to smile thru the tears now, that makes my heart feel a itty bitty bit better. You keep your 'Kitty Touchstone' anywhere YOU want to - forget what others might think. THEY aren't the ones going thru the grief....it doesn't matter WHAT they think!

Another big hug for you and another for all the other sweet babies that you love,

3. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Your sweet thoughts made me cry; your babies are so fortunate to have you! Glad each day is a little easier than the last.

HUGS and PRAYERS -

Libby (and Hershey, too!)

4. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

:YMHUG:

5. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

Kim, So good to hear you moved on to the next step & got Kitties ashes. She is always with you.

When my Kacoo died in 2003. I moved his memory box/ashes everywhere. For the longest time I had a candle next to his box. Everytime I thought of him I would light it & take a moment & think about all the memories we shared. I use to move his box all around, but now Kacoo has a permanent home on the night stand next to my bed. I look at it every night & tell him goodnight. It's been 9 yrs & I still miss that silly cat.

You will find your special spot for Kitty. :YMHUG:

6. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

((((((((((( Kim ))))))))) big hugs to you !!

7. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

You'll find a perfect place or places that will help remind you of Kitty with tears and smiles. ((( Hugs))) Hope you are feeling a little more peaceful every day.

8. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Love and healing to you Kim. It's so hard to loose our friends. But their spirits will be with us always.
    (((((hugs)))))

9. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful girl. Sending peace and healing to you.

I've moved Harley's Urn a couple of times, when I first brought him home he stayed in his favorite spot by the sofa then on the ledge in front of the window, now he has joined the others who have gone ahead on the credenza. When my Sophie Baby left 6 weeks later I thought my heart would collapse but since bringing her home and having her next to me again gives me some peace and like Kitty the most appropiate spot would be tucked under my arm at night but the best I can do is to let her sit on the night stand and watch over me. Every time I see it I remember the good by kiss she gave me and I know we are good.

Although the tears are flowing typing this, may each day bring you peace and heal your heart a little more. May your memories bring you a smile, she was indeed the Coolest Kitty.

Much love,
    Robin

10. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I am glad that Kitty's ashes are back with you. Hugs for you Kim.

Pattie

11. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you Kim during this grief! Hugs and Hugs and more Hugs for you. So glad you have her back with you! I know having the ashes in your hands is so peaceful, yet so painful at the same time. I know you will find a perfect place for her. Please know you have been in my thoughts and prayers!

lori

12. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: hugs, healing and peace to you Kim.
    Kitty will always be in the hearts of all her family her at PZI. She was very much loved.

13. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Kim)))) What a beautiful girl your Kitty is! So glad she's home with you at last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.