I dropped Cameron's dose, take a look?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Leah, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah

Leah Member

The vet started Cameron on 2 units when he was diagnosed almost 2 weeks ago. After getting data, I started wondering if he was bouncing a bit, so today I dropped him down to 1u. I think he's looking a lot better, number-wise, and also he played a TON today, which is awesome :) How long should I stay at this dose, is it 6 cycles? I'm going to try for some 2-hour numbers tomorrow, because he does NOT tolerate hourly pokes ;)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, this looks very good. I'd keep the 1 u dose for several days to see how it plays out.

Leah likes this.
  3. Anne Biddle

Anne Biddle Member

I was told to keep the dose the same for 2 weeks at the beginning

Leah likes this.
  4. Leah

Leah Member

Thanks! I'm quite happy with his numbers today, but especially with his demeanor :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. Leah

Leah Member

Not so happy today! I wasn't able to test because I had a meeting I forgot about. He was up above 350 at AMPS :( the weird thing is, when I got home at +5.5, he threw up what looked like everything he'd eaten this morning, I checked his BG and he was in the 60s! That's just mad. I told DH that I think he'd gone hypo, and DH agrees, but also said Cameron was acting 'normal' while I was gone. So I don't know. I'm just anxious & worried ;)

6. Leah

Leah Member

Oh, when I say test, I mean doing an every two hour curve!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.