i know i'm in the wrong room but i need an answer

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry guys, pzi is kind of slow. don't know if the same rule applies but here goes.
    can i shoot a couple of hours after a meal, yet a couple of hours before next meal if #'s are going up. i'm a newbie all over again after remission. basically can i shoot and not feed?

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Lori, I've linked ur post to health and PZI, have u checked back in PZI forum?
    Im not sure who here might know a bit about PZI, but check back on all three forums (health, PZI ad here) for feedback .

good luck

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You might want to put something in the subject line asking for former PZI users - there are several here. (I'm not one of them, though!)

4. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

heck i'll answer. ;-) sure ya can lori. especailly since you are working with a sputtering pancreas and food *might* be bringing his numbers down rather than up still at this stage. (for all the LL peeps reading, PZI doesn't have to watch the 12/12 clock like we do and lori is shooting prn (which stands for 'when needed') since tom is still trying to decide if he wants to come all the way out of remission or what). just make sure you get a +2 at least to make sure he is not dropping too much. if ya want maybe just leave food out and let him decide when to eat? will he let you do that or is he a vacuum cleaner the second he sees food?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi jojo, vacuum cleaner :mrgreen: see fud, eats da fud, himz hungries.
    thanks for the response...not that there's anything wrong with the pzi room other than it's not very active.

6. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey lori,

Sounds like you got your question answered. But in general with PZI [if possible] free feeding is the best choice [unless weight is an issue]. But even if weight is an issue more frequent yet smaller meals is the best option. Normal cats should eat between 10-20 small meals per day. Especially when meals are smaller the effect of any one meal on the curve is minimized.

One of my more favorite quotes:
    "Cats typically eat 10 to 20 small meals throughout the day and night"
    See page 4 here:
    http://www.markmorrisinstitute.org/atta ... ts%20b.pdf

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like you may want to invest in an auto feeder. This way you can feed several meals throughout the day/night, pick the intervals and ensure that he's "free" feeding without being a total piggy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.