I may be a new mom again....

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Patti and Merlin, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

I hate posting this right now in light of Carolynn's post about Fletcher not doing so well.... :YMSIGH:

Joe and I may become parents to a diabetic kitty again...
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1067
    I'll be needing all your help PLEASE

2. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

((((Patti))))) :RAHCAT flip_cat dancing_cat drinking24 First off, PLEASE don't think you can't post something WONDERFUL!!! It really helps me... it does.

Keeping my fingers crossed.... (did you have to...um... you know....) :D

3. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

ROFLMAO...... haha_smiley drinking24

What happens in Eatonville....uh stays in Eatonville.... :lol: ;-)

Thanks tho Carolynn for all your support - you know how important that is to me!

4. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

I've been holding my breath AND keeping my fingers crossed.. kitty couldn't have a better mama!

5. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

OMG OMG OMG I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

6. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

With everything else you have going on, giving a loving home to a baby in need. Your my Hero!!!

Will be talking to you soon.

Jan

7. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

8. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

9. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

I don't know if you got to see the post over on Community and I hope you don't mind that I post everything here...

yesterday it went so easy... I can't believe! We walked in - filled out a little paperwork - told us we owed $5 - yup that's all. The mom showed up with Boris and that was about it. :eek:

Poor Boris tho - totally covered in mats - almost like dreadlocks. :sad: He feels sooo skinny. Last weight I can see is 10 lbs. I don't know about that. Barney and Tang feel much heavier than him and they're slightly more than 10 lbs, Fiona is 10 lbs. I'll weigh him later. I have his "records" but really it's just "receipts" from his vaccines and things like that. But the last of all these receipts are from 2006. No records of his BG readings. Mom told us he takes 2 units Vetsulin bid. We stopped and got test strips and tested him last nite. BG was 247. He was so scared - growling at everything once we got home. We eventually got him in our spare bedroom alone away from all the other animals.

When Barney's mom had to give him up last year - I felt so bad for her - she was sobbing at having to give him away. I know everyone grieves in their own way - but this mom seemed eager for us to take him. :!:

I work Monday but Tuesday morning Boris has an appt with my vet. Looks like vitamin supps and some attention to his coat, and definitely some attention to his insulin needs are in order.

But he is a much bolder guy than Barney started off. He ate right away - evem growls while eating like Merlin used to do! Sometimes he gives us head butts - even purrs in between the growling, and this AM he let me comb his head. The mats are too bad tho to comb out. I thought I may try to cut some out today. His nails are super long too. confused_cat

We've managed to test him twice already - altho I got my first "tattoo" from him last nite - a nice tooth mark on my forearm (next to claw marks Kayleigh had given me years ago ) - who needs to pay for these things! This morning went MUCH easier. :thumbup

THANK YOU THANK you for everyones well wishes. You are all such a wonderful support to Joe and me. I look at Barney now - 11 months after we got him and what a change in him - he's a bold guy now and eats like a champ and is shiny and has gained weight too. He has a new name - Bad A$$ Barney - the Awesome Dude (he's such a little trouble maker )- and I am hoping that before this year is up - we will be seeing Boris looking like an Awesome Dude too. dancing_cat :RAHCAT :dizcat

But now a photo session! party_cat bcatrun_gif

10. stephanie and pheobe

stephanie and pheobe New Member

Awwww ((Patti)) - Brois sounds wonderful! What a great thing to happen - for you all!! I am so happy for you :RAHCAT

k...now I need to sort out how to get Miss Phebes piccie on here.....

Steph
    xx

11. Beth

Beth New Member

Boris is soon going to be looking good, feeling good and knowing he's got the best home he could have ever wished for.

:smile:

B

12. Black Bear & AcroMeg

Black Bear & AcroMeg New Member

Hooray for Patti! Cat Mom Hall of Famer gets new baby! I'm so psyched for you and Boris. I guess I found my way back here just in time. Love, Megan (and friends)

13. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

Welcome baby Boris!!! Can't wait to see pics!!! Love you Patti!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.