i think/hope tom's doing better

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yesterday amps 212 (slightly lower amps than usual), fat 1/3u
    pmps 132 no shot (wanna see what he'll do...)
    today amps only 189 (impressive) 1/4u (just for good measure)

fwiw to newbies, when tomtom first started using pzi back in 07 before he went into remission the first couple of days his amps and pmps #'s actually rose. i stayed with the 1u allowing it to settle and in 29 days he was OTJ

just in case someone eles has this experience....give a dose a few days to settle.

edit to post....noticing his #'s never go down on his own....just prone to a very slow rise. that's pancreatic action is'nt it?

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news! I'm glad Tom is doing so much better. You're doing a great job at watching and letting his pancreas do some of the work.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lori,

I just wanted to second what others have said over on David's thread. I have had similar questions with Bix and have posted in various places and gotten sparse answers - I think at this point it's really in the ECID category, and if anyone has easy answers, they are keeping quiet. :)

I try to post as much as I can on people's threads with encouragement, shared stories, brainstorming, etc. Sometimes (usually more so with newbies and more straightforward situations) I like to think I actually know what they should do differently :D but with kitties like yours, I'm following along in the hopes of learning, more than of being able to give advice.

Here is a TT thread that has some comments on sputtering pancreas kitties. I found it left me as confused as ever, but it was interesting to read how others have approached things, just for a better idea of what I'm dealing with. http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/r ... 500,591500

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks joanna, i'm going on over to TT now to read that.

5. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Lori,

I definitely have a current example of "give a dose a few days to settle" On 5 units the numbers just kept going gradually down, and when I went to 5.5 they went up, and now on day 3 they are going down again. It's good to know this, and not change things too impatiently, I guess.

Seriously, Cody has never had numbers like this. (this good) and I'm holding my breath-- go prozinc. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.