? I would like some dose advise

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia Rae, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

hello all looking for dosing advise should I increase magellan to .25 or .50??? by his nadirs he qualifies for a .50 increase. Yet considering how he has been behaving with his insulin should I go .25?? I know I need to be agressive in this, so I would really like some in site into this please!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Magellan's spreadsheet isn't opening for me. The error message says, "Not Found."

3. Julia Rae

wierd how do I fix

4. Julia Rae

5. Julia Rae

I hope this helps,

6. Julia Rae

to off set the mob, Ive give Magellan and the girls s bit of no carb snack

7. Julia Rae

After much number crunching, though and prayer the averages between am and pm shots it is slightly over 300. Following tr it means an increase of .50. This means a hard gut check and some prayers. Please everyone keep am eye on us and send us blessings and healing vines. im going for the .5 increase.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is the link to your previous post here: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...n-amps-304-4-416-7-357-pmps-309-2-301.239883/

Since you saw blue on the 0.1 unit dose, and 37 on the 0.25 unit dose, I would have carefully gone back to the 0.25 unit dose. 0.5 was too much of a jump. You only go up by 0.5 units in TR if all you are seeing is numbers above 300. Which you weren't, you were seeing yellows and blues too.

Julia Rae likes this.
  9. Julia Rae

just a bit of confusion.. thought it was an average of the numbers??? and with HI.. I figured 500 and that made the average 0f over 300..

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No, we determine how to change the dose based on the nadirs, or how low the dose takes the cat. The "average" includes bounce number so not relevant in dosing.