If this homefood doesn’t work, the last resort would be a dry food

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Moo moo’s mummy, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moo moo’s mummy

Moo moo’s mummy New Member

So, for some on here that know me, I’ve been having a very trying time with my moomoo since he was diagnosed in April. I have him on the all wet fancy feast diet twice a day. He has always suffered from irritable bowel since he was young and now because of the rich wet food he has diarrhea all the time and since last week he barely wants his wet food which is very out of character. We are not able to pill him I even tried compounding his metronidazole and didn’t achieve a dosage. I took him to the vet so they could give him his meds which was stressful for him, and they even told me it took 3 girls to give it to him and that they had never seen a cat lock his jaw like moomoo did. I was a dialysis nurse before my own transplant and have had some very difficult patients none as difficult as my sweet boy with meds. The vet agreed we have to try something else with diet to help control his diarrhea or else sadly I will lose him over something so easily treated. So I will be making homemade food I got the recipe And bought all the supplements because I can’t lose my Moomoo. I will be making my first batch today. If this does not work, and if he doesn’t want to eat it, I will unfortunately, have to put him back on dry kibble to see if he will eat that again I’m praying it will not come to that, but I realize it may be a possibility. Does anyone know of a good dry food for a FD cat with a larger sized kibble Incase I have to take that route? He will not eat small pea sized kibble!...also, thank you to everyone that always helps me and if I don’t respond please don’t take offense to it, I’m just so worried sick about him, and keeping myself healthy through this virus which is highly deadly to me considering my own compromised immune system. I always greatly appreciate your help!!

2. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Have you tried any foods with pumpkin ? I was speaking to a worker at petco who has a cat with IBS and she mentioned that the only thing he eats is a pouch of Tiki cat Velvet from what I know it’s a purée I’m not sure of the carbohydrate count though .
    As far as dry food I have heard the other members mention a few but Please wait for the more experience members to comment on the dry food . We have to get MooMoo to eat something she is a Cutie

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Some use Young Again and theres a brand called Dr Easleys? Not sure of that spelling... I do hope this works for moomoo. Have you tried sprinkling fortiflora on his wet food?

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

What is the protein, phosphorous, carbohydrate, fat, sodium and fiber % on DRY MATTER basis?
    This variety contains approximately 59% Protein content on an as fed basis (62.6% on a dry matter basis), 0.95% Phosphorus content on an as fed basis (1.08% on a dry matter basis), 4.12% Carbohydrate content on an as fed basis (4.69% on a dry matter basis), 18% Fat content on an as fed basis (19.46% on a dry matter basis), 0.51% Sodium content on an as fed basis (0.58% on a dry matter basis) and 4% Fiber content on an as fed basis (4.5% on a dry matter basis

Also in the Chewy site this is for the chicken flavor, I hope this helps
    I have read that many have said that the Young Again gave their cats diarrhea.
    I have used the Dr Elsey's in the past and had no problems

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Poor Moomoo. Digestive system problems can be so difficult.

Just in case you've not heard of it, ibdkitties.net has a lot of helpful info.

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.