Info Only: Marks Marine Pharmacy Experience

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karen & Charlie, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Karen & Charlie

Karen & Charlie Member

Before I ordered Lantus from Marks Marine, I went looking for info on anyone's **recent** experience and didn't find anything. So, I thought I'd post mine. If I had the question, it's possible someone else does.

I just received my 1st shipment of Lantus from Marks Marine--I ordered 5x3mL pens.
    I was concerned about transit problems, given USPS issues. I encountered no shipping delays.

My experience may not match yours--

I texted the prescription and then called Marks to finalize the order, including providing credit card.

Marks indicated:
    3-4 days to process & mail
    3-5 days shipping

9/8 order placed
    9/14 shipment delivered, Spokane, WA with no red indicator (temp sensor)

Shipping was $15, plus I opted for the temp sensitive premium $25
    Order total $204.99

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I just got my order too! They are so great! My vet wanted them to fax a prescription request over (Americans :rolleyes:) and they did. They called me when they got the script back from my vet and then we finalized everything over the phone. Everyone I talked to was so so so nice and helpful. And I also paid for the temperature control - Natalie from Mark’s said to place my order next year in the cooler months to avoid the extra fee. Just a tip for next time or someone else!

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Just an FYI...all insulin must be shipped as a temperature sensitive medication so shipping is always $25. You can get up to $500 worth of insulin with the same shipping charge. (not that many of us need that much but there's a few!) They also offer a special cooler for an extra $10 (but I originally found Marks and it was late June. I had no choice but to order because China was almost out of Lantus. Ended up having 2 holidays and a weekend to deal with so my first shipment took 10 days...but I was still able to use every drop even though it had been 90+ degrees the whole time)

Your refills will usually take even less time. I ordered my last refills on a Monday afternoon and it was in my mail on Friday.

Marks is fantastic! And they still understand the meaning of "customer service", something that's increasingly hard to find these days!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If your on the East Coast. Ordering in April for the summer and October/early November is the best time before the summer heat and the winter freeze/holiday mail rush. You won't need special cooler. I never added cooler and it always came with cold packs. My second order from them I got 2 boxes (Ollie was on high dose then) and then refills I got 1 box in April and 1 box in October so I always had a full box for back up.

JaxBenji likes this.