Insulin Questions

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Moos Fur Mama, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Moos Fur Mama

Moos Fur Mama New Member

Hi All. My fur baby Moo was recently diagnosed today with diabetes. The vet we saw was awful. Anyways, she wrote a script for Lantus Pen U-100 Insulin Pen. The vet made me buy syringes at the clinic, we even practiced on Moo before we left to ensure I was able to get it properly. Well, the 3 pharmacists at Costco were confused why I needed syringes. The Lantus Pen does not work with a syringe, you need needle tips which were not on her poorly written script also. And lastly, they mentioned there were cheaper options out there..

I guess my questions are 1. Does anyone use anything other than the Lantus Pen U-100? I'd like to be able to suggest those options to the vet when I call tomorrow. 2. Anyone that use the Lantus Pen, do you use syringes? I'm wondering if maybe there was a way to take the insulin tube out of the pen? 3. What type of food do you have your cat on? Has anyone tried to Costco brand maintenance food? Any other suggestions? Thank you for your help and advice in advance!

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hi @Moos Fur Mama

This forum is for experienced users. It's also for people that use Caninsulin, Vetsulin, or one of the NPH insulins like Humulin N or Novolin N.

Would you please create a new thread in the
    Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)

Click on the blue link above, and it will take you to that forum. That is where all new members and returning members should post first. More people there to help out new members such as yourself.

You may copy and paste what you wrote here into your new thread in our Main forum.
    Thank you.