Insulin smell - not a fur shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Myrtlesmum, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

This morning's shot went beautifully, I felt the needle go in, I shot, felt the needle come back out and I had a sniff where I injected just to make sure no insulin smell. Myrtle has been sitting next to me all morning happily - now at the 3 hour mark I suddenly smelt insulin! put my nose to where I had given the shot and sure enough insulin smell? Is it not being properly absorbed? Leaking out later? Do others notice this insulin smell even when everything seemed to go well? It's got me stumped.

2. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

That usually hapened with Rhubarb. Others told me t's a small amount of natural seepage- no need to do anything. I knew beyond a doubt she got her shots too. It did help for if I forgot where I shot last though! I started sniffing before the shot to mae sure there was no smell, and again right after.

Myrtlesmum likes this.
  3. Amina&M'row

Amina&M'row Member

When I give the shot, I then withdraw needle and keep gentle pressure on the spot where the needle went in for about ten seconds. Have never had this sort of problem. Maybe coincidence, ECID (every cat is different) also. Purrs to you both.

Myrtlesmum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.