Introducing Stuffles

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Larry and Kitties, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Since Nal is OTJ time to get another diabetic cat. A little over a week ago I got an email from the person who supplied my recent diabetic cats (Dulce, Patches II (GA), Chyna (GA), BunBun (GA) and Nala). He is about 7-8 years old and weighs 18 pounds. He does not seem to be overweight but he has been hiding since he arrived yesterday (12/9) afternoon. I have not tested him yet. At least now he is not growling at me. One bad thing is that the last caretaker said Stuffles did not like his ears being touched.

He was not being treated and was on dry food. The previous caretakers said they could not physically care for the cat. He was not using the LB there.

He is using the LB in his room. Attached is photo I took 12/10. He is not hiding as much. Before he was way back in the corner.
    Stuffles.jpg

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi Larry and WELCOME Stuffles, I hope you get used to your new home soon sending you both :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Larry is great what you are doing for all this diabetic cats !!

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hey Larry
    Welcome stuffles

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Awww, poor guy. I hope he warms up to you soon. You are great for taking on all these diabetic kitties, Larry.

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome Stuffles!

6. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome Stuffles - hoping he comes out of his shell soon! It took Coco a full week to emerge from under the bed when I adopted her.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Larry and welcome to Stuffles! What a lucky boy to have found you. He is gorgeous....I am very partial to ginger kitties.
    I am sure it will take a few days for him to feel more at home. And I am sure he is going to feel much better once he gets onto the correct diet and insulin. All the best with him.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Stuffles is in great hands. He's a very lucky cat.

9. Larry and Kitties

Stuffles came out from hiding late yesterday. I could touch him a little but no BG test/no insulin. Late this morning I played with his ears and clicked the lancet pen. He went back to hiding for a very short time.

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice to see you again Larry and welcome Stuffles. You are in great hands, no need to hide.

11. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Bless you, Larry, for taking Stuffles into your heart and home. You are such a star to do this...
    And welcome, Stuffles! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Larry and Kitties

Last evening I got a PMPS of 280 and gave 1 unit. This morning he was 271. This evening 239.

JanetNJ and Bron and Sheba (GA) like this.
  13. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Larry, this is terrific. Poor little guy, he doesn't know which way is up, does he? He doesn't yet know that this is the best thing to ever happen to him. You are the best and it's going to be exciting to see Stuffles progress as you grow to know each other and you help him to feel better. Big huge hug from me to you! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Awww... Stuffles, you don't know that you just won the diabetic cat lottery with Larry as your Dad! :p

He looks just like the very first Orange boy I ever had, named Ernie after my grampa. Ernie (my grampa) was loved by all, as was his namesake. Ernie (the cat) pulled me into a lifelong love of orange boys -- we have adopted 5 since, including Brady(GA) who became diabetic later in life, and our current Whispy whom we adopted as a senior diabetic.

My money says that he'll become a love bug in no time at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.