Is cheese a safe snack?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HereKittyKittyKitty, Nov 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

Elderly parent giving a few pieces of havarti and several hours later kitty is crying. Constipation? Kitty also crying at the heating ducts (unknown reason), and at night, but this might be loneliness or the basement is cooler because of winter... He has to stay there at night so he can't eat Mom's flowers, etc. when no one is awake to supervise.

So... Is cheese a safe snack?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I get the having to supervise the flowers bit. My Harry loves to eat flowers. Why don’t you remove the flowers at night instead of the cat? I can’t have flowers in the house at all!

I feed Harry very small amounts of cheese to Harry with no ill effects. I would not feed too much though.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Cheese can be very constipating, so if you're concerned he's already constipated, I'd avoid it

HereKittyKittyKitty likes this.
  4. HereKittyKittyKitty

Flowers all over the house except basement. Since we are guests and I'm grateful that cat, dog, and I can stay, I'm not touching the flowers. I'm also concerned about elderly parent opening an outside door... Kitty is indors only and it's really cold.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  5. HereKittyKittyKitty

No cheese yesterday and today. No crying... Hmmmmmmm...

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Must be very lactose intolerant. Try a different treat.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

wonder if it was constipating for him and without it, he's not as uncomfortable so no crying?

8. HereKittyKittyKitty

There's about the same amount of stuff in LB
    Regardless, no more people food, except maybe a little turkey from the outside top part of the breast so no contamination from stuffing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.