Jade 7/25/18 // AMBG 64// fingers crossed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Gave her coconut oil last night and saw a fresh log in the LB this a.m.! Assuming it was her and not her brother? Tested her and got the 64, gave her a bit of food, tested 4 hours later and she was at 97. I'm going to test her later before I leave for work as well. She liked the coconut oil last night, but after putting it on her belly and ears, she now hates it and is mad at me. You'd think I was dousing her in tabassco sauce, she has a flair for the dramatic and hates anything she feels is being done to her.:rolleyes:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...random-test-125-now-what.201600/#post-2242507

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Jill, was wondering if you consult with a homeopathic vet ?? They would have alternative methods for Jade’s skin situation ...just a thought :)

Jill & Jade likes this.
  3. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

I have not. But that’s a good idea. My concern is that they will want to see her at the Vet, and that is a VERY unpleasant experience for us. Jade needs to be sedated and it’s always so stressful. I’m trying the coconut oil. And maybe I’ll try the slippery elm as well. I read Alopecia can be a symptom of diabitus.

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Many homeopathic vets do phone consults and need all records before consulting . Mine lives in another state( Arkansas) , is a DVM and homeopath . Several people here on the board have homeopaths that have offices and do phone consults . Elmo is like Jade when it comes to car rides and vet visits ... not a happy camper at all and at almost 19 I only go when we have to . Being able to consult by phone has been such a huge blessing . :) Sending prayers that Jade’s belly begins to heal :bighug:

Jill & Jade likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice green for Jade. I hope the coconut oil helps. Sending prayers.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a condo since this one so I'll post in here. It looks like it was just constipation causing that 125. I'm glad Jade is now back in her normal low numbers. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.