Jake's BG up -cross post2

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by drjsiems, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Jake has been in remission for almost two years. I test him about once a month to make sure diabetes is still at bay. He usually comes in between 70 and 80 three hours after eating. I do it this way to make sure the pancreas is still functioning. I tested him today and nearly fainted when the meter read 165. I did it twice to make sure, and it said the same thing. He does not appear to have any clinical signs of diabetes. The only things I can think of is that the strips are out of date or that his new Adequan medicine for arthritis (he is nearly 20 years old) might be the culprit. What else do you think could be going on? I would so appreciate input!

Thanking you,
    Judy & Jake

2. angie and dinkus

angie and dinkus New Member

How has his numbers been since? I was told when the numbers go over 200 and stay around or more, thats when to be concerned. However, there are more experienced sugar mamas here that probably have a better answer.

3. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Thanks Angie - Jake's numbers are back to where they should be - more recently it was just over 100 and before that was 72. I think it all has to do with timing! He is doing well.

Judy

4. angie and dinkus

angie and dinkus New Member

Good to hear! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.