Java, elder cat

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lois and Java, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Hairball Control Treats: Protein 29 + 19 fat +6.5 fiber+ 11 moisture = 34.23% - 38.76% dry matter carb content. I made a calculator in my signature too, should do the math for you if I'm not around :)

Lois and Java likes this.
  2. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Do you still have your horse? What kind?
    I had riding lessons as a kid, it's an area where foxhunting and steeplechasing was/is a thing, and then I was given a horse, my dad built a little barn, a neighbor gave me all his horse equipment and access to his 16 acres of blue grass planted pasture. I was never the best rider, but I really loved taking care of a horse. She was a sweetheart. Brown bay, 16 hands, thoroughbred, was 16 yrs old when I got her. In her youth she had been Grand Reserve Champion at the National. Quite a Comedown to end up with me!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  3. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

That makes much more sense, thank you very much. Did not make sense that it was 138% carb!

I just found the food chart by dr. Lisa Pierson, and the thread in this website on community and off-topic stuff. Which is probably where all of my Yakety Yak this morning should be. That's as far as I got.
    Edit, yowzah, that is an amazing and fabulous chart.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Oh heck, oh heck, while I'm being Chatty Cathy, I don't understand what is going on with Java or what to do.
    +5, left ear 655, right ear 648
    New box of AT test strips, range test done on one strip before testing Java, was in range.
    I would swear it was not a fur shot, although this makes me wonder.
    Do I do something?

5. Yong & Maury GA

When was your last ketone test?

6. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Yesterday. Negative.

7. Yong & Maury GA

I don't know how fast they can show up but I would try to do another today. Hopefully, one of the pro's will chime in. :)

8. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I caught it in a handy clean plastic from the recycle container and it did get some cat litter in it. I tested it three times and the ketones were negative every time. although the BG test was all over the place but very high. I'd done a blood glucose test recently enough that I figured the cat litter was messing with the G test on the strip

9. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

He could just be having an off day. Could be a hairball, feeling off, or "look a squirrel" syndrome. How is he acting? Eating?

10. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

He seems normal, I mean he's always wobbly. Another post below in a few seconds.

11. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Okay here's what I've done. He drank a lot of water. I collected a completely clean pee sample. I used two test strips. Both were 100% negative for ketones. Both showed glucose in the 500 range.

My new Henry Schein test strips came in. I ran a control on one strip, it reported in range. I also did the same with my AT strips just a couple of tests ago.

I ran a BG test using both meters. It was a huge fat drop of blood. The AT meter was 619. The HS meter was 558.

His eyes are clear, he made his way back to his usual pillow from the litter box while I was doing the Ketone test, he's cleaning himself a little, and is ready to settle down with Lily for a nap.

One usually does not introduce any extra insulin in the middle of a cycle. I was wondering if that is something I should do, but I will not.

I have to leave for an event, someone is counting on me for a ride I will be gone for about 2 hours. My conclusion is that while his blood glucose is ridiculously high, and while I feel absolutely terrible for being chatty and not checking sooner, that I simply have to wait it out and that he does not seem to be in any imminent danger.

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Those two numbers are essentially the same. Sort of looks like you had a fur shot. Time today will tell.

ShipsCat and Lois and Java like this.
  13. Kris & Teasel

I only pay attention to the ketone part of the dual function test strips. The meter testing is much better for BG.

14. Kris & Teasel

I've been riding over 30 years and this is my second horse. I'm not much of an athlete but love it anyway. Where I am now we have 240+ acres of grass and wooded trails to ride on. Fantastic! My current horse is an American Quarter Horse that I ride in English tack.

15. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

Looks like a fur shot to me too. Hopefully the next test will be lower!

16. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I'm on my way home. I pulled over to type this question. would I give him any more insulin tonight because of the high today? I think probably not not but I'd love to hear from others.

I know, it does seem like a fur shot. It had to have been. What's funny is that I was super aware of this shot, I can recall it completely, and I remember thinking congratulations that was not a fur shot. I'm going to experiment with an old needle when I get home. Maybe I somehow ejected the insulin while I was walking around with a needle? The ones with the half markings are not as stiff as the 1 U 40 s.

17. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

When you say give more insulin...do you mean give extra in the middle of the cycle? I wouldn't...looks like it's going to be a high cycle, but you just have to ride it out and give insulin at normal time.

18. Yong & Maury GA

I would just treat it as a fur shot and stay on schedule for his PM cycle :)

19. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

We've all done it. One time I shot clear through this skin - in one side, out the other. I knew I had shot him, so I could not figure out at first how there was that tiny wet spot on his fur. So frustrating!

Don't worry, Java will get back on track. :bighug:

20. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I meant at than usual PM shot time tonight. Here's a related question comma we had daylight savings change last night, so what was 6 p.m. last night is 7 p.m. today. I'm wondering if I can give him insulin an hour early.... Which is actually two hours early because of the time change... Or is that just a bad idea, wait longer. His BG is 639 right now.

21. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

He normally gets his test at 8 my time and his shot 15 to 30 minutes later after he's eaten some FF. It's now 7 o'clock my time, except it's really 6 o'clock because of the time change. If PZI is flexible enough that I could give him a shot an hour earlier or an hour later than his usual time if I have to..... What about doing it now which is two hours early. Does that make sense? It's so dang high.

22. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thanks. It had to have been that the insulin got ejected before I got to his skin. There was no wet spot.

23. Kris & Teasel

Two hours early is too much if you're not certain it was a fur shot. One hour early is doable.

24. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Okay.
    Given how high the BG is, is the importance of him having food on board the same as normal? Can I test, shoot, then feed rather than test, feed, then shoot?

25. Kris & Teasel

It's good to have a little food in him before giving insulin.

26. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I'm counting. It's one hour early now. Time to wake him!

StephG likes this.
  27. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

+2, and I'm happy to see magenta.

StephG likes this.
  28. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Hey, I have another question, if anybody's up (StephG?)
    He just came looking at +2, good timing. His BG is 393. I did not offer him FF, instead I gave him some chicken. He had about 1/5-1/6 can of FF before his shot.
    Giving him FF should slow down the drop rate, because FF has carbs? Slowing the drop rate is a good thing?
    He has YA free feed.

29. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Yes FF can slow down his drop. I would hold off on steering with food until you see +3 or +4. He has plenty of room to drop.

30. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

What am I looking for at +3 or +4?
    Edit, do you mean steering with food if it looks like it's going too low?

31. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Yes if he's dropping too low at +3 or +4.
    Looking at your SS... I would steer with a little bit of food if he's under 200 at +3 if you need to get to bed. Or you can test again at +3.5 to see how quick he's dropping. If you can monitor you can just wait to see where his numbers are going.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  32. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell. When he's that high for preshot the insulin is taking care of the high numbers to start with then the increase from food (if any).
    Morning of 3/11 makes me think he might be ok without steering with food. If he usually gets snacks you can just stick with those if you feel comfortable.

33. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thanks very much. The rate of drop, -60, -200, now -120. I'll be up for one more test.

34. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Looking good.

35. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

He came looking for food again exactly an hour after last time. BG is 212. So the rate has slowed, and he would really like some Fancy Feast.
    I'm going to see if I can divert him with YA. It doesn't look like he would go hypo. I don't know or maybe let him eat a little bit of FF?

StephG likes this.
  36. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

That's up to you if you want to give him FF or YA. I don't think he will go hypo. If he eats FF he might not drop any more for the night and possibly surf where he's at.

37. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

He wanted fresh water. I let him eat a little bit of FF slurry.

Can anything stop a bounce? The highs today is going to cause bouncing, right?

38. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Chuck probably would bounce from the somewhat quick and big drop from 600s to 200s.

39. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Yeah. I'll probably see that.

Observations one day after the Gabapentin. He's still very tottery on his hind legs, but he seems comfortable and able to get into a position where he's relaxed. And he's himself. So out of it yesterday.

I hope the zobaline works and works fast.

I just heard about a cat that was dropped off at a local shelter with a note saying 12 years old, diabetic, please euthanize. We have night drops at our Humane Society. I can't imagine doing that, yet am glad that person was responsible enough for that instead of dumping the cat outside somewhere.
    I read somewhere in this website a memorial to a beloved cat who had been found on Mount Diablo and then moved across the country to the East Coast. Less than a year before he died, a co-worker told me he had once taken a kitten that he didn't want and had dumped it somewhere in Contra Costa County, which is where Mount Diablo is. I was horrified by this. I wonder if it was the same cat.
    Turning off the screens. thank you so much for your responsiveness, I really appreciate it a lot.

StephG likes this.
  40. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

Chuck was dumped near our house as a 4 month old kitten. Someone put cat food on our porch and I thought what the heck? I brushed it off and forgot about it. Few days later we had a starving chuck crying on our porch. Opened the door and he walked right in like he owned the place! He's ruled the house ever since. :cat:
    You're welcome. I enjoy helping when I can!

41. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Got an email from a friend offering to help with Java so I'm still up.
    Both my cat are from Oakland Chinatown, the exact same driveway of an empty house, 15 years apart. I'm retired, our building was on the edge of Chinatown. My coworker noticed Java eating leftover Chinese food from a paper plate (turned out to be a regular neighborhood thing) from the residents. She started bringing cat food for Java. One day he was looking the other way when she was on her way home so she grabbed him and put him in the trunk of her car and took him home, and to the vet. He was filthy, covered with fleas, and had all kinds of intestinal problems. I got him on Thanksgiving weekend. He was about four months old too, and also walked in like he owned the place. It's one of my favorite things about him. He is extremely confident that he is the center of the world around him, and gosh darn it, it works out that it is.
    I credit his longevity to his fondness for drinking lots of water his entire life, and getting regular teeth cleanings, and getting several fluoride treatments from my people-fluoride from my dentist.

Yong & Maury GA and StephG like this.
  42. Kris & Teasel

Hi Lois,
    I'm glad Steph is up when you're on. She's a master of steering/dosing. :) If you think the gabapentin was helpful maybe try a really tiny dose next time?

43. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Me, too.
    Yes, I think I need something for the times when he looks like he's so uncomfortable.
    Dang, it went up again, even though it's predicted.

44. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thinking Out Loud here, comments welcome. He does seem a lot more comfortable walking around after the Gabapentin. He's still very neuropathy ish, he isn't down on his hocks but he's not fully up on his toes either. Given its sedating effects, maybe only give it at night?

Edit to add, could adding a split up pill pocket (that worked for Zobaline this AM) affect BG a lot? Last few days he had split up pill pocket and decoy fiber treats.

45. ShipsCat

ShipsCat Member

I know pill pockets are pretty high in carbs, but I don't think a half of one would make a huge spike. But some cats are really reactive to even a small amount of carbs.

Personally, if the gabapentin is helping him be more comfortable I'd keep using it and deal with the increased insulin need. Java isn't on a really high dose of insulin, so it's not like you have to worry about that right now. His higher numbers also could just be a general fluctuation, too.

Sorry, I guess that's not really all that helpful :p Since they can't talk it's harder to know exactly how best to help out kitties sometimes...

46. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I know there's a way to see who is on, because I've run across it, but I never remember how to find it.

I have a dosing question. I was gone a lot this afternoon so I took up the Fancy Feast bowls and just left down the YA. I got home so close to the 2 hr food up That I did not feed Java FF. He had some this morning and that was it.

He just had some, after his PMPS, which is 270. That seems way too low to give him 1.25 units. so I now..... Hold and retest in 20 minutes?

47. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

You can see who is on by going to the main forum page and looking on the right side of the screen.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB

That's great that you got a lower PMPS! Although it does make dosing trickier! Hopefully one of the experts is around to help.

48. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I would stall 20 minutes and see if he goes up.
    To find online members, Go to "forums" and either at the top/side or on the bottom it will show "members online"

49. Kris & Teasel

Hi Lois,
    Go to the first page where all the forums are listed and look in the upper right corner under your name and avatar. You'll find the names of people who are online. However, if they, like me, stay signed in all the time they'll show there but might not be at their computer.
    His 270 is not low enough to warrant a stall but you could reduce the dose to 1 u because you have no experience shooting at this low a PS. It's a good PS though.

ETA: Steph and I disagree about the stalling. Your call.

StephG likes this.
  50. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Aha! I think it's on the side on the laptop and on the phone I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom. I hope Kris and teasel see this.

51. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Okay just confirming, go ahead and give him one unit now.
    If I gave him 1.25, I would be visiting him with a bowl of FF and encouraging him to eat.
    With one unit, it's going to go up because he now has FF on board, but it would be counteracted by the insulin, so should I encourage FF, withhold FF and test..?
    Edit Thank you Kris! And Steph and Djamila

52. Kris & Teasel

Worry less about the FF and more about what the dose can do with normal feeding. You should always withhold food for at least 2 hours before preshot tests. Other than that feed normal meal times or allow grazing, whatever is Java's routine. The time you want to hover with food is when you've got a precipitous drop in BG in the hours after a shot and you want to control that or if he's diving too low and you want to carb him to keep him safe.

53. StephG

StephG Well-Known Member

I'm too quick to play it "safe"...:bookworm: still learning!! Glad you're on to give better advice! :)

54. Kris & Teasel

Heck no, Steph! Your advice is as good as mine but you might have a different perspective, that's all. :)

Lois and Java and StephG like this.
  55. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Well it's already twenty minutes later, so why don't I go test him and see what I get. I'd like to get insulin in him quickly if/when he's getting it, if you know what I mean.

56. Kris & Teasel

You have some dose time flexibility with PZI, Lois. Let us know what the next BG is.

57. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

What?! 541. That is not possible is it???
    Edits, it's FF classic. First test was R ear, 2was L ear...

58. Kris & Teasel

Retest right now in case it's a wonky strip.

59. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

533, R ear. 541 was L ear.
    So the 270 was flawed. I had to kind of milk that ear to get enough blood.... I guess that was the difference, not eating the Fancy Feast? That's a crazy difference in well now it's 30 minutes.

StephG likes this.
  60. Kris & Teasel

Yes, it looks like the 270 was the outlier. You can't be certain that the 500s are bounces from the 270 because it might be a dud number.

61. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Well 1.25 seems to be not at all dangerous.
    I'm going to go do that now, it's really unsettling when there are mechanical issues like that. I still haven't figured out what happened with the fur shot because something else went wrong it wasn't a fur shot. You know how I tend to be a worry wart and I just worry that I'm doing it all wrong! Okay insulin now.

62. Kris & Teasel

He'll be fine with 1.25 u.

63. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thank you, I really appreciate it, all, and especially Kris. This stuff is scary!

64. Kris & Teasel

It is indeed! You have to learn to trust: 1. your SS data; 2. your knowledge of your kitty's usual responses; 3. your ability to handle low numbers with testing, food, etc.

ShipsCat and Lois and Java like this.
  65. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

This is why I can't go away and leave him in someone else's care. Which I'm actually fine with now after stressing about it for a while. My friend is coming into town tomorrow night, and she's had to change the day she's going to the burn area to Thursday, when I can't go anyway. Makes it easy! But I'd really rather spend time with Java anyway. I don't know how much time with him I'll get.
    Edit, okay I've got to go chill out. Goodnight everybody thank you so much.

ShipsCat likes this.
  66. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hey Lois! What an interesting night you have....yeah you can see who is on, but I often sign in and have it show me as not signed in if I'm going to be around for awhile because, like Kris, I walk away sometimes and am not really here . ;)

It's understandable that you'd rather spend time with Java. Just remember that if you want to step away for a few hours sometimes, that's okay too! We all need time away.

67. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thanks. I do, I see a lot of live theater, or try to - having to change all my eve tickets to matinees, which I am liking actually. I have chorus, and try and usually succeed in a yoga class once a day. Overnight, or evening for hours, not so much.

68. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

It's really high again, 604 AMPS, I'm about to go outside with him for his water and rounds, he's had some FF. He didn't have FF last night during night, only ya, so, FF pre shot and some right away post shot.

Go up to 1.5? Some if it is the meter, AT reads higher than HS, but not by that much, 25-45 pts or so.

69. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thinking about to this some more, maybe I should not be withholding any FF, because he will eat more of it, I do not want him to lose weight. Could losing even tiny amounts of weight affect the BG?

70. Kris & Teasel

Other experienced people on here have said that it can be harder to regulate underweight cats. FF is a good low carb food. If Java likes it and he needs to gain weight, why not feed him as much of it that his tummy will tolerate. As long as you have 2 food free hours before pre shot tests, he can graze on it all day or be fed multiple small meals.

71. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Okay. Stick with 1.25?
    There are three steep steps from the middle deck to the upper deck, and Java's hind legs gave out on the second step and he tumbled down to middle deck. It took me a minute to put down what I was doing and get over that way, by then he had picked himself up and got up the steps. Aww bunny.

72. Kris & Teasel

Poor baby! Is he OK?

73. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

He's fine. He's blissfully in his favorite spot in the backyard in the Sun.
    I still haven't given him any insulin and I just realized it's an hour after I tested him. Should I stick with 1.25?

74. Kris & Teasel

I think you could try 1.5 u today. The blues he had on 1.25 u weren't too low and the greens on the fat 1 u are history now. He's "stuck" in high numbers right now at 1.25 u and needs a nudge.

Rachel and Lois and Java like this.
  75. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Change the photo to him 5 minutes ago now he's trying to come down the hill I need to go help

76. Yong & Maury GA

Awww poor thing, Maury has slipped a couple times trying to get on the top part of his condo. I moved it next to the sofa so he has better leverage but about once a month he'll just stop because he knows I'll run over to help him. I am trained well, do I get one of your treats, Maury?:D

77. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Okay, this is nuts, it's happening again!
    626 at +2.5.
    I'm making it part of my protocol to examine the needle before I inject him to make sure it has insulin in it.
    My theory on the prior "fur shot" was that I somehow accidentally ejected insulin while I was carrying the needle to where he was sleeping.
    I did carry the needle to him, but I checked before injecting, 1.5 U were in it, I felt the needle go through his skin, I felt after and there was no moisture.
    I don't understand this and I'm alarmed that he might have another 12 hours of super high numbers. Isn't this what hurts his legs more than anything?
    Edit, he ate FF right after his a.m. PT, and again an hour later when I brought him inside to run out to my class, and I just gave him some more after getting home from class. He's getting one pill pocket divided in half with a Zobaline split into each half. Could it be the food?
    I know that Occam's razor says it's a fur shot, I don't think it is.
    More edit, could it be where I'm injecting him? In both cases it was kind of along middle of his belly where I could get a tent. It wasn't closer to his armpit it wasn't closer to his groin.

78. Kris & Teasel

No, I don't think that one cycle of high numbers will hurt his legs. High numbers over time aggravates neuropathy. Why not try taking your supplies to where he's sleeping and draw up insulin right there so you don't have to transport it?

79. Kris & Teasel

Another thought: how old is your insulin? Does it have any unusual clumping, etc.? Is it compounded PZI? New batch?

80. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Kris I added a bunch of edits, trying to keep the thread length down a little bit.
    I guess I could. I have a counter right next to the refrigerator, so it's convenient to load it right there and then put the PZI back in the fridge. I just need to a tray or something to carry it around.
    I'm having a big DUH, I should at least wait 20 minutes and check again in case it was a flaw in testing.

81. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

It's the same little bottle that I got in October when he was diagnosed. I think I rotated it to mix it, but I'm not hundred percent sure.

82. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

It's the same cloudy suspension as always. It gets stored on its side, so whether or not I rotate it consciously, it's tipped upright to come out of the refrigerator and then tipped upside down to fill the needle. So even if I don't specifically tip it to be sure of mixing, it gets tipped anyway.
    Edit, about 1/3 left in bottle.

83. Kris & Teasel

You have to consciously roll it gently to disperse the suspension properly each time before use. If you got it in October, it might well be petering out. I think it's worth buying a new bottle ASAP.

84. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Photo changed to one place where I can frequently get a tent. Demo of tent only.
    I'll call the vet, see if they have PZI in house.
    Oh that reminds me, when I was there getting the Gabapentin, I was talking to a man who is picking up PZI, he said he gives his cat eight units twice a day. I kept myself from gasping but, isn't that an awful lot?

85. Yong & Maury GA

Could be a high dose acro kitty or IAA

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  86. Kris & Teasel

That's one of the areas I use for Teasel.

87. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

I have no idea what those mean! Something to look up later.
    569 on left ear just now.
    626 was right ear ~30 mins ago.

88. Kris & Teasel

Essentially the same range, both high. New insulin has to be on your list. :)

89. Yong & Maury GA

90. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

The vet has it in stock, and Dave the vet said that it's only good for about forty two days after opening. (The vet tech or whatever she is, asked me, is there anything on the label about how good it is after opening. I did *not*say, Well if there is, I wouldn't be able to read it thru the enormous RX label that you slapped on it from your office!! And why didn't you ask me about it when I was there picking up HS test strips and Gabapentin last week?)

91. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Yep, IAA and acromegaly are conditions that cause kitties to need much higher doses. Very few acro kitties or IAA kitties are on PZI...a lot of them are on Lev as it is thought to sting less at higher doses. It's something we suggest looking into if you get to 5 units or higher and it doesn't seem to be working.

92. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

What do I do with the old insulin? Take it to the vet to dispose of?

93. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

My friend with the arm surgeries and amputation lives over near the vet, and I am guessing that I stick with the protocol of not injecting him with any additional insulin, right? , so that gives me the time/opportunity to ask her if she needs any help with grocery shopping or anything else.

94. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Maybe I'll suggest that to Dave the vet.

95. Kris & Teasel

Yes, I think you can do that. Call and ask. Maybe a human pharmacy would do it?

96. Kris & Teasel

Are you picking up new insulin before this evening's dose? Be aware that most of us reduce the dose a bit when a fresh vial is started and do some extra monitoring too.

97. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Sorry phone calls etc. Yes I am picking up a new Prozinc before this evening's dose. I'll be here, so I can monitor. Stay with 1.25? Go down to 1.0? What kind of monitoring, how late into the wee hours of the night?

98. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

You're still in low doses. I don't think you're looking at IAA or acro yet...I wouldn't even worry about it until you work your way up to 5 units slowly and methodically.

I'd reduce to 1 and then get a +2 and +4 maybe...from there you should be able to tell if you'll need to monitor further or not.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  99. Lois and Java

Lois and Java Member

Oh Rachel, IAA etc. came up simply because another cat owner that I was chatting with at the vet last week told me his cat was getting 8 units of prozinc twice a day, and I was asking here, yikes! isn't that an awful lot?
    Reduce tonight's dose to 1 unit, monitor every 2 hours starting with +2.
    I normally test around 8 p.m. my time and shoot 15 to 25 minutes later after FF.
    I'd like to advance that to 7 pm., Should be okay?
    Kris?

100. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

That should be fine...his numbers have been high today.

Ahhhh okay gotcha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.