Jayden Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Jayden and Kim, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayden and Kim

Jayden and Kim New Member

Jayden was diagnosed 5/11/18, age 12, with bg over 400. Started on vetsulin and came back to life from months of bad moods. After 2 days of flooding, urinary output improved right away after insulin treatment. Getting supplies established and in 1st week of shots. She has always been an intense kitty. Going to attempt home testing and look forward to our 1st vet test in 2 weeks. Thankful for all the information provided here. I plan on learning as much as i can and am willing to do whatever it takes to get Jayden regulated and happy...blessings to all...

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome! Jayden is a striking kitteh, lovely coloring. Lots of information, and a knowledgeable, supportive community here. It's definitely a learning curve, I believe you will succeed in helping your fur baby. Read the yellow tags, info and stickies at the top of the forums, get your signature set up and tell us more about Jayden.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! Glad to hear she's already feeling better! Also glad to hear you plan on home testing! Make a huge difference! Be sure to feed allow carb wet food. Most of us feed fancy feast classic or Friskies pate foods. I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

5. Jayden and Kim

Jayden and Kim New Member

We have our injection routine down after a rough start. I do it quick while she eats sitting on a padded bench and so far so good. Created a secret feeding chamber to sneak extra kibble to my other two kitties. We are all adjusting to our new routine...thank you all...

Kris & Teasel and JanetNJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.