Jesse GA 4/2001 - 11/2013

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

I adopted Jesse in July of 2002 from the animal sanctuary where I was working. He was the only one from a litter that did not get adopted because he had chronic upper respiratory issues. He was put in the "respiratory room" where he was quickly forgotten.

In June of 2009 he was diagnosed with diabetes. He went into remission in October of that same year (yea!). He enjoyed life insulin-free until April 2011.

In August of this year he was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in his sinus cavity, although I knew something was wrong before that. He was also in kidney failure. In his August 31st conversation with the Animal Communicator he said that he was in pain but not ready to go.

I got his pain managed, and he was eating with 4 P's in place (he never was much for playing). Whenever I sat down he climbed on me and I held him to my shoulder like a baby. But this week the most evilest cancers in the world became more aggressive and I realized I needed to say goodbye.

I loved you just they way you were Jesse. ♥♥♥♥♥

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((Carolyn)))) I hate to read this. Fly free and land softly Jesse. He loved you and you were a great bean. Please know I am thinking about you.

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Carolyn,
    Your love for Jesse was a lifelong comfort to him. He was a lucky kitty to have you for his mamabean. At the Bridge his health issues are no longer, and he will have many old friends to keep him company until you meet again. Fly free, Jesse. You are much loved.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{Carolyn}}}}}}}}}} I am so, so terribly sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. You did everything humanly possible to give him a wonderful quality of life. Fly free, sweet dear Jesse, fly free.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Carolyn)))))

I remember when you posted about the cancer diagnosis. I hope the time you and Jesse had together was incredibly special. He was clearly no longer a kitty who was "forgotten." Instead, he is and will forever be dearly loved.

Fly free Jesse and land softly. All of our kitties who are at the Bridge will be there to keep you company until you are reunited with the ones you love best.

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We are so very sorry to read of the crossing of Jesse. From such a difficult and sad start to life, he had the rest of his life full of unconditional love and joy. And best of all, Jesse brought the same to his beloved bean. So many of our GA kitties are waiting for Jesse to arrive at the bridge.

Attached Files:

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Jesse.
    You are much loved and will be sorely missed.
    Until you meet again.

8. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Sorry it was time for Jesse to go. Sounds like he was a fighter from beginning to end. I'm glad you could be there for him. Fly free, sweet Jesse. wings_cat

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I am so sorry about Jesse. He sure was lucky to have found you... and you were blessed to have found him and shared your lives together. He had your love to help him through his illness. Never forgotten. You truly have a kind heart. (((((((((Carolyn))))))))))

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of the passing of your sweet Jesse

You were a special mamabean to look past his issues and love him anyway, and I know he returned that love to you ten fold.

Fly Free sweet Jesse and land softly...There are many at the Bridge to welcome you wings_cat

11. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

cancer is evil :cry:

[​IMG]

lighting Butthead's candle to guide Jesse to the Bridge...

MJ

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn, so sorry to hear about your sweet Jesse. What a strong between you and Jesse, with him communicating to the AC that he was not ready yet. Lots of hugs and prayers.

13. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Carolyn - So sorry to hear about Jesse. He was so fortunate to have found such love.

Hoping your warm memories will bring you much comfort -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

14. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

You gave Jesse a wonderful life he might not otherwise have had. My sympathies for your loss and best thoughts for Jesse on his journey.

15. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Such a brave cat and so lucky to have found you. Carolyn, Jesse knew how much you did for him and loved you just as much as you loved him. You are truly a devoted bean.

Fly Free, Sweet Jesse! All pain is over and who could resist playing w/ the other kittehs at the Bridge.

[​IMG]

16. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Sigh .. another kitty gone to soon .. I'm so sorry Carolyn .. Fly Free Jesse ...

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Carolyn))))

I am so sorry about your loss. You have been a great devoted bean to your kitties. It has truly been a hard year for you. I hate cancer.

Jesse is now playing with his friends who went before him. Fly free sweet Jesse. Send your momma a sign.

18. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Carolyn. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you get some comfort in knowing you gave Jesse a great life.

Fly free and land softly sweet Jesse.

19. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((carolyn)))) oh i am so sorry to read this. you were the best mom jesse could've ever hoped for - he was such a sweetheart. i'm very glad i got to meet him.

i hope the rest of your kitters stay healthy and cuddle up close to you. no more illnesses!!! :YMHUG:

20. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))) So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and Jesse were made to find each other cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

21. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((((Carolyn))))) I'm so sorry. :sad:
    [​IMG]
    Fly Free Jesse. Wait there for your mom.
    Please send a sign to her to let her know you are okay.

22. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Carolyn)))) Jesse was so very lucky you found him and gave him the kind of love every single kitty deserves for his entire life. I know how much you love him and will miss him. One day, you will be able to smile through the tears at all the wonderful memories you share and the bond you have forever.

Gentle Journey, Jesse. May the candles light your way.

[​IMG]

23. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you had to say so long to Jesse.
    I believe with all my heart you will be reunited.
    Fly Free, Jesse.
    [​IMG]

24. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Many prayers for you, Carolyn. Heaven gains another sweet angel today...but you will be together again. Our deepest sympathy...

25. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss.
    Fly Free and land softly sweet Jesse ♥

26. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((Carolyn)))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Jesse was lucky to have found you.

wings_cat Fly free sweet Jesse...

27. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Carolyn. Jesse was blessed to have you to care for him.

28. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn - I am so sorry or your loss. There simply are not words. Fly free Jesse - I will always remember you.

29. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words; it really does mean a lot knowing that there are people that do understand.
    Jesse pretty much lived in the living room and now the couch just seems so empty :cry:

30. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I am so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. *hugs*

Fly free sweet Jesse, and land softly.

31. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of Jesse's parting. I hope the happy memories will help you through this very difficult time. Till you meet again.

Fly Free Sweet Jesse.

Attached Files:

32. blove7

blove7 Member

Carolyn,

I know that nothing makes the pain go away, but know that we other beans understand and feel for you deeply in this time of grief. Jesse was clearly loved VERY much by you and nothing can take that away. He will now be in kitty heaven and will no longer have to worry about the issues of this world. wings_cat

I am very sorry for the loss of your little one.

Sincerely,

Brigitte

33. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn)))

I'm truly sorry for your loss of Jesse.....if love could keep them alive, they would surely live forever....
    I understand your pain all too well....

Fly Free sweet Jesse wings_cat you have been greeted by many at the bridge to show you around....I know Rocket was one of them :YMSIGH:

34. MonetsMom

MonetsMom Member

Carolyn, I am so very sorry for your loss of your precious Jesse. My thoughts , prayers and hugs are with you.
    From all I have read you were a very special Mama to Jesse and for that reason you changed his life for the better !
    I truly believe that one day we will be reunited with our furry babies in heaven !

Sincerely, Rise'

35. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I am so sorry to hear that Jesse passed. My deepest sympathies. Fly free Jesse

36. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

(((Carolyn))),

Jesse's story and your love is an inspiration. I'm deeply sorry for your loss of such a special little being. Fly free & land softly, Jesse. wings_cat

37. Onyx & Klepto

Onyx & Klepto Member

I am so sorry for your loss, Carolyn. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending big hugs your way.

:YMHUG:

38. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to learn about Jesse's passing. ((((Carolyn)))) Your FDMB family surrounds you with love and hugs.

39. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly Free Jesse rb_icon wings_cat

I am so sorry for your loss(((hugs)))

40. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Carolyn,

You are in our thoughts. It is amazing. With all of the negativity in this great big world, there are still gentle and sweet souls like yourself who will take in the lonely, lost kitty in the back who is almost forgotten. You will always feel good about doing that. You made a difference.

I know how hard this time must be for you, since we recently lost our little girl as well. There is nothing anyone can say to make it go away. Yet you can look at the positive, and choose to focus on all of the wonderful things you shared and how much more time this little guy got on the planet due to your gentle care and warmth. I hope you will smile through the sadness today, knowing all the pain is lifted now, and he is floating on clouds totally relaxed and at ease. Free again.

Stay strong and be kind to yourself these days. All our love, Jill

41. terriy

terriy Member

I am so sorry for your loss :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.