? Jill & Jade// civvie sick

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jill & Jade, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Jade is doing well ( that’s the good news) but my boy , Dexter, is now not. He gets constipated but that usually is resolved with some pumpkin or Petramalt.
    I took him to the vet at the end of October for that and he seemed to be drinking a lot and asking for food really often. The vet didn’t really seem concerned, he’s 14 and she said he seems in pretty good shape for his age. I was very relieved. In the last week or so I’ve noticed his third eyelid showing here and there. He also really hasn’t pooped much at all. Just got back from the Vet. X-rays, blood work, urine sample, and eye check. X Ray shows that he is very full of poo. They’re keeping him for an enema. But what’s worse is his severely enlarged left kidney. They will know what exactly is happening once his blood work comes back but this is surely kidney disease and I’m a wreck. Sick to my stomach. I know a lot of my FDMB family have fur babies with the same thing. Help?
    Thank you...

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jill! Hopefully that will help Dexter feel better. Dakota's been progressing thru the kidney failure stages for 3 1/2 years now. there's lots f things you can do to help stretch that time for literally years! The best site out there, used by many thousands of CRF kitty parents is Tanya's Feline CRF site. The link below - this is the approach I use for all my kidney failure babies. Right now I have 2 and suspect another elderly one is starting it.

Tanya's CRF site: www.felinecrf.org

HUGS!

Kris & Teasel and Jill & Jade like this.
  3. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Thank you very much!!

Squeaky and KT (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.