Johnny - 11/4 - AMPS - 130 AT ; 92 Contour

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Stephanie & Johnny, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Stephanie & Johnny

Stephanie & Johnny Member

Good morning!

I fasted johnny again this morning and his readings were similar to yesterday, so I gave a drop dose.

I’m going into the office today, so I won’t be home to monitor…I think this is ok since he didn’t go too low yesterday under the same circumstances.

He is silly while he’s fasting, just beside himself looking for his food. He was also very playful this morning while we were running out the last 10 minutes of the no food clock. :)

2. Stephanie & Johnny

Sorry to double post - we have a vet appointment tomorrow to check in on his progress this past week. Anything I should bring up to the vet? I’ll share the spreadsheet again, like last time, but anything else you think is worth mentioning or asking?

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

She may call it remission, it's really up to you how you want to handle it. As mentioned before, this forum has found the strongest remissions come from a cat being 50-100 before discontinuing insulin (he'd have to earn a reduction, or drop below 50, on this drop dose) and then doing a 2 week trial without insulin.

4. Stephanie & Johnny

Gotcha. Whatever the vet says, I will continue to follow the protocol here.

FrostD likes this.
  5. Stephanie & Johnny

Looks like tonight’s drop dose is hitting a bit more than yesterday’s. (I wasn’t home to test during the day today, so I’m not sure how that drop dose hit).

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Well at least it's a little more gradual, fingers crossed

7. Stephanie & Johnny

Always keeping me on my toes, this one.

8. Stephanie & Johnny

Well that was a bizarre follow up read.

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Oh I just looked at the contour, much bigger drop to +1 on that one vs AT. I suppose could have been enough to cause a small bounce but rest of cycle will tell.

He really is not getting good duration from ProZinc and it's hitting him pretty hard. Stick with it for now but @tiffmaxee @Chris & China (GA) @Christie & Maverick would it be worth thinking Lantus here? Drop dose doesn't leave a whole lot of room, but maybe if she could snag something off supply closet.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d hang with the drop dose. It hasn’t taken him too low yet.

FrostD likes this.
  11. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

No but it's also not letting him spend a whole lot of time in green, well depending which meter you "believe". And that's a ProZinc problem, not exactly a dose problem. It's acting almost like Vetsulin.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

Nothing wrong with trying lantus.

13. Stephanie & Johnny

I fell asleep after that last test. That’s the issue with night monitoring for me. I’m going to be putting another Libre on him soon.

In all fairness, that PM drop dose could have been more of a 2 or 3 drop dose. These new half unit needles don’t have the squishy plunge effect like the other where it’s easy to get a drop in. Every time I practice and squirt to the air to see how much I’d be getting, the drop varies in size and amount depending how I pull. I haven’t been able to find exact consistency yet.

FrostD likes this.
  14. Stephanie & Johnny

Did a drop dose just now on the lowest AMPS numbers yet. I’m home to monitor him today.

15. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Looking good! Hopefully over time those AT come down into more green and I'd feel better.

Stephanie & Johnny likes this.
  16. Stephanie & Johnny

I'm going to test my AT against the vet's this evening to see how accurate mine is for sanity's sake. The AT I returned before was significantly off from the vet's.

FrostD likes this.
  17. tiffmaxee

So to get a drop dose push the plunger all the way n before inserting it and hold it in as you pierce the vial or pen. Then once in release the plunger. Pull it out. Shoot and count to 10 if possible.

18. Stephanie & Johnny

Yeah, I got that…but these new needles aren’t “rubbery” if that makes sense. Like when I push it all the way in, there isn’t a bounce back…if that makes any sense at all. Lol

19. Stephanie & Johnny

Update - vet is rescheduled to next Thursday morning.

Does it look like he had a bounce this afternoon?

20. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

No with a bounce they'd keep going up up up. That looks more like food to me?

21. Stephanie & Johnny

I guess food is possible, though he eats zero carb wet and Young again dry which is 1%.

Am I good to stop testing for the afternoon? His poor ears!

22. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Hmm. If it were me I'd grab one more in an hour just to make sure not dropping again, but realistically you're probably fine