Just saying hello

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MollynSkooter, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

I have not been around since Skooter passed because to be honest, I still cry when I come to this site.

I have not been able to put together a tribute post to him just yet because even though it has been 4 1/2 months since I have lost my baby, it mind as well have been yesterday.

I am not even getting three sentences into this post without crying.

I think of my Feline Diabetes family often and hope to be able to come back and visit soon.

Happy New Year to you all and your furbabies...

Love you all

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:...We'll always be here for you, Molly!

MollynSkooter likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I share your pain. Miss you too. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

5. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

6. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Molly, hold the precious moments in your heart, Hugs, Kathe

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I can't post a tribute either. I may never add GA. I cry daily as well. Here I go again. I get it and so does everyone here. I posted my first condo since I lost Max the other day. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello Molly! It is good to see you! We understand your pain.:bighug:
    I hope this year is a good one.......
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

We understand Molly, I can't say it gets easier but I pray for peace and comfort for you and that eventually you will replace the tears with smiles at happy memories of your beloved Scooter :bighug::bighug::bighug:

MollynSkooter and tiffmaxee like this.
  12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Molly}}}

So good to see you. Unfortunately, we understand how you feel. I have days when I just can't bear to be here, either. You know you're still part of the family. We miss you and will welcome posts by you whenever you feel able to visit.

I hope the New Year brings you some peace and comfort.

13. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Molly))),
    Scooter will always be near you, keeping you in his heart as you are keeping him in yours. It is good to see your post, and we wish you a good 2017 filled with joyful memories of your boy. We are all family here and we understand.

Ella & Rusty

15. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone.....I sure do miss you all a lot. I thought by this point it would get a little easier and some days it feels like it has and others, not so much.

I feel like i have to put on a show for everyone else because most people just do not understand this grief. But you all do.

I hate being alone, but I still have a constant struggle between that and feeling like I am betraying Skooter if I get another cat(s). I feel like I really want to get another one or two, but I just haven't been able to yet. I know that when the time is right, it will happen.

A couple weeks ago, I had a dream about Skooter. He was sitting in the middle of the living room floor and while nothing was keeping me from him, I knew I couldn't get too close. But he was there, just sunning himself and content. I like to think that was him coming to visit me to tell me he is doing ok. Ok, here come the tears again... UGH.....

I still feel lost more days than not and I miss having my cuddle buddy

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((Molly))), I don't think that you have to worry about betraying Skooter. On the contrary, you would be honoring his memory by opening your heart to another kitty (or two). I hope that the time will be right soon, and that a lucky kitty or two will find a forever home with you.
    Many :bighug::bighug::bighug:s,
    Ella & Rusty

Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
  17. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((molly))))
    We miss you too :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Molly I can feel your pain. I still cry when I think about my wee Snickers that passed over 3 years ago. I'm sure Skooter would want you to be open to having another kitty in your life but only you will know when that time is right. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Molly, we do understand all to well. I was lost without Smokey's and his schedule. I certainly did not want another and was not looking. That wasn't meant to be. PJ came to us. Tux came out of his depression the second he saw her and started pawing at the tote bag she was in.

You would not be betraying Skooter. Skooter will be pushing a very special kitty to you with his blessings when he feels your ready and finds just the right one.

20. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max seems to have sent me these kittens I am fostering and they appear to be needy I hope Molly sends you healthy ones.

21. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Molly! I had to come back here with yet another cat and you were visibly missing.
    I am so sad to hear about Skooter. I understand your pain as you know. It is a pain words cant describe. I wish it would get easier but alas when ever I talk about my Scooter it still brings tears.
    My heart just aches is ways folks outside of FDMB may not understand. I am glad to hear from you. As you can see I have had to add a new name to my handle but I just cant remove Scooters.

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  22. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yes, we understand. We will always miss our Zener and all of the other GA kitties. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: We haven't gotten another kitty because our civil Tillie would be too traumatized. And she likes being the only cat. :cat: I don't think it would be a betrayal to Skooter. You'll know when it's time.
    Liz

23. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Molly, I am new here but wanted to leave you a comment... Your post really touched me and broke my heart. I am sooo sorry for the loss of your sweet beloved kitty. I always don't know what to say in situations like these....like no words can truly bring someone comfort in the time of great loss...but I just would like you know how sorry I am. I hope time will heal. Please do consider another fur baby in the future. There are so many sweet precious animals out there that need and would be blessed to have homes with a caregiver as loving as you. When the time is right, you will know...:bighug:

24. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I've choked up reading your post . . . punkin's been gone 3.5 years now and i still feel it too. Some cats are just that wonderful, just that special, just that close to our hearts. I think he was saying hello to you in your dream. As Sienne says, those really special cats never really leave us.

I'm glad to see you, though, even if it's a weepy you. :bighug:

Did anyone give you this poem when Skooter passed . . . you can see you are surrounded by all of us who know what you are feeling. We're sitting beside you, holding your hand right now. :bighug:

Grace Noll Crowell said it best:

To One in Sorrow

Let me come in where you are weeping, friend,
    And let me take your hand.
    I, who have known a sorrow such as yours,
    Can understand.
    Let me come in - I would be very still
    Beside you in your grief.
    I would not bid you cease your weeping, friend,
    Tears bring relief.
    Let me come in - I would only breathe a prayer,
    And hold your hand,