Karre 14 Months OTJ - BG 4.4/79 (Long)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cape Town, Lantus Land The Sequel :)

Linda of Linda & Bear (& Teddy & Miss Emily & Pinkerton) thoughtfully pointed out to us that today, by JoJoian Decree, is Old Timers' Day in LL, and so here we are, hoping none of you noticed we've been remiss with our 14 Month OTJ post (which actually was due a week ago). Albeit a little tardy, here it is then.

Once upon a time in South Africa, on a star-sparkly night aswirl with salty breezes, His Majesty Karre the Emperor of Everything Important was born. Life would never be the same again. Which was alright because, in truth, the emperorless existence up to this auspicious moment couldn't have been anything much. Ten short days later, tragedy struck the maternal queen orphaning her royal progeny and all seemed surely lost... Fortunately, His Majesty had had the foresight to cultivate a few very useful connections indeed to various deities from Day One, and so he arranged for the fortuitous arrival on the royal scene of his and his brothers' new servant-to-be: Jack. A humble and dutiful royal subject, Jack waited on His Majesty and his brothers paw and, well, other paw. (Jack has been known to say that His Majesty was, at one point, cute and fuzzy. His Majesty's media spokestom, however, emphasizes the sheer impossibility of this whenever the slanderous rumour raises its fuzzy adorable little head.)

Almost fourteen years passed, during which His Majesty grew more beautiful ever day (defying probability laws and *not* looking smug about it - another fuzzy rumour). For a brief stint, he could be seen on the LL stage performing the famous Sugar-Dance along with the best of them, until he decided that although the axtra attention from his Beans was only good and right, he would prefer it no longer include syringes and whatnot. (This, as is the LL custom, was of course predicted by The Oracle of Team J. His Majesty attaches his gracious tail-swish to this missive, to show his gratitude.) And so he celebrated his OTJ-Send-Off and moved into his newly built Palace by the Falls. Life there was tranquil. Then the builders arrived.

The Beans, ostensibly in the throes of a staggering audacity fit, had allowed STRANGERS into the Emperor's grounds, to make NOISE and bring DIRT and disturb his NAPS!!! Several night-time bean-clawings were to no avail, and so His Majesty resorted to desperate measures in order to put a stop to the Travesty (a.k.a. the renovation). He became ill. LLers sent their support, of course - more gracious tail swishes. Frantic with worry and woe, Jack and Jane spurred on the builders so that they would leave sooner and allow their Emperor some rest - but still the BG's bounced around the Blues, and the Beans hungs their heads in dismay and the havoc their architectural ambitions had wrought...until, at long last, Builders' Holidays began.

Four weeks of peace restored the Emperor's glorious Gloriousness in all its glory. His oversweetened blood turned a lovely shade of green again, to the relief of the beans and those in the know. (Anyone else would probably worry at the mention of green blood. Amateurs.) The Beans are set to move into their new home in a mere three weeks, at which point His Majesty Karre the Emperor will of course also claim rulership over the newly extended part of his Everything. His little sisters, the Magpie (who made her transition from kitten to queen with perfect grace and of course unparalleled beauty) and Pepita (who, we suspect, is part leopard, as she spends about two thirds of her waking hours in trees even at her tender age of three months), will join us too. And there, all willing, we will live happily ever after, beginning and ending each day with orations of deepest, most abject gratitude to the One Who Reigns Over Us All (unless he's napping in which case the Magpie is given temporary reigning rights).

And now, alas, I must be off to do some Jane-Things. Wake Jack with coffee, for one. And possibly a toasted bagel with home-made strawberry-and-rhubarb jam. The thing is, you see, that the Jane-Things have been stepped up a notch, on account of a fancy bit of allotrope of carbon. Ok, a diamond. In a ring. And some sartorial whiteness this coming November. Bagels, I'm sure you'll agree, are the least a Jane can do, what with the fancy carbon and all.

Off to the kitchen and the coffee machine I go, then, wishing you all a wonderful weekend and once again extending the standing invitation to visit us if ever your travels take you to Africa. Sunny greetings from One End of the World!

Jane (and Jack, I'm sure, even though he's sleeping). And His Majesty Karre the Emperor. And the Magpie and Pepita. We all miss you all.

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Good Morning Jack and Jane!
    What a perfect kickoff to Old Timers Day. Happy 14 month wishes to Karre! Is that a South African breeze I feel in my hair? The salty air blowing up from the beach? The scent of tropical flowers? Ah, I thought so.
    I hope Karre will enjoy the new home, and that you and Jack have taken him to get his tuxedo fitted for the wedding. He will make a perfect Best Cat.
    Greetings to Magpie and Pepita, and thanks for opening a condo today. It feels like old times!
    TTFN,
    Linda

3. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

I am so very happy to see this update! Was very worried after the transition to the new board and no Karre details. How wonderful that he is well again, and described with such a phenomenal whimsical feel. Love it! :D :D :D

4. Tracy & Pumpkin

Tracy & Pumpkin New Member

Such great news Jane! Congratulations to you all on the upcoming wedding. May you live happily ever after...
    Tracy & Pumpkin

5. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 14 months and on all the exciting events in your life. It is so good to hear from you...love to read your updates.

Sherry & Zoe

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great post! :lol: Very clever and entertaining!
    Best wishes and congratulations to you.....
    May you all live happily ever after! :D

7. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Wow! A great WKR and great news for Jane and Jack. Congratulations! :)

8. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Jane, you have such a wonderful talent for telling Karre's story :mrgreen:

Happy 14 months OTJ Emperor!

9. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Great to hear from you guys! And great to hear your updates...as always such fun to read.

Congrats on the sparkly thing you got and I'm sure the Karre will step up to the plate and act as the very bestest of best men for the upcoming big event! :mrgreen:

Judith and Thomas (GA)

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

jane, it's so good to hear from you! congratulations all the way around! :mrgreen:

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you for posting The Emperor's tale. I wasn't here when Karre began his journey but I remember your recent visit when Karre was feeling less Emperor-like. It's good to hear he is back to ruling his domain.

12. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Happy 14 months Emperor!
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding Jane & Jack, and as always it is a wonderful read to hear from you!

13. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

It is so nice to see you posting. I do remember the first day you guys came here. I have always loved reading your posts. It was always like a very relaxing short story.
    Congratulations on 14 months OTJ. .....and a big congratulations for that diamond and your upcoming wedding.

14. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

ohhh... I so do miss the Emperor's tales and new found pleasures! **sigh**

((Jane)) thank you for the wonderful update in all its royalness... as always your reports are fit for a king (and queen)!
    Sounds like life is wonderful! And.. that little piece of carbon.. CONRATULATIONS!!

Glad that the Emperor's blood is still a royal green :mrgreen:

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm sooooo happy to read a great 14 month report from Karre, after the scare he gave us last time. It sounds like congratulations are in order everywhere!

16. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 14 months!

17. Tammy and Blaze

Tammy and Blaze Member

I loved your update, and sorry I'm so late in my congratulations!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.