Ketones at .2 on Nova Max Plus

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Whitney and Jonas, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Hi everyone, I need to get back to other replies but I just woke up after having a small nap after how restless last night was. Jonas's ketone meter arrived so I rushed to get a test in. He is at .2, is this okay? He is super tired today but I assume that's because of how last night went... yesterday he was absolutely perfect and at very high energy levels with all 5 P's accounted for.

Today he's eaten breakfast and his baked chicken very well. He has been resting a lot since then. Should I call his vet or is it safe to continue to monitor at home since it's .2?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I dont know but I'm SURE others will let you know. Glad you got some rest! ;):coffee:

Whitney and Jonas likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Oh, thank goodness... so that means .2 is quite the low amount then? I've been so, so worried about ketones. He usually is up and about and drinking more than he is today, but I suspect he is just wiped out from last night. I kept waking the baby up every hour to check him. I'll keep an eye on him <3 Thank you both!

jt and trouble (GA) and Sharon14 like this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You're kitty is fine. Hope it puts your mind at ease.

jt and trouble (GA) and Sharon14 like this.
  6. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

It does a lot <3 thank you so much Janet, and everyone. I went and peeked at him a few minutes ago and I swear he could feel my gaze on him from across the room because he raised his head up and stared at me like "Mom, what?" so I'm leaving him to his rest ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.