Kibble carb effect is real!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lando demando, Sep 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando demando

Lando demando Well-Known Member

I just have to say that i have been getting very real lessons ( at my poor guy Lando’s expense) regarding what dry high carb kibble does to BG levels.
    Now that Lando has cooperated a bit and is eating low carb wet food, there is a very real and identifiable effect on his BG.
    I wanted to post this for my own reminding as well as for the other newbies who may feel like giving up struggling to switch to wet with a picky eater.

2. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Well-Known Member

It really is. I got my cat, Templeton down to just a little bit, and even that small amount was raising his blood sugar. So much, that when I took it away completely, we went from 3 units down to 1 unit!

Lando demando likes this.
  3. Lando demando

That is stunning! Im so happy for your guy!! I cant explain WHY Lando all of a sudden wants to eat his wet food, but im excited that maybe i can slowly transition out of dry. Cold turkey produced scary results last night

4. smorgasbord

Thank you!
    Any lurkers reading, please take heed if you go from dry to wet. You will likely get lower numbers FAST, so test often when making diet changes.

That's amazing and you're lucky, many people struggle with getting them to accept wet.
    What happened when you did cold turkey? Poo disaster?

5. Lando demando

Its only been a day, but yes, major poo blowout and obviously the numbers

6. smorgasbord

The worst! Hopefully it's over, fingers crossed. And yes, the numbers, wowza. Evil evil kibble.

7. Lando demando

Thanks for the well wishes and yes kibble.. satan’s tic tacs

8. smorgasbord

LOL. I might have to borrow that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.