Kitty 5/17 -- Who Knows?!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

I have no idea if things are good or bad-- really! Well, I know they aren't real good! She is eating and drinking and seems in no pain, but she is becoming less active daily. I took her outside this morning and she did walk around a little. She has always been a talker, but she seldom talks now. I guess I continue to hold out some hope, that as she eats she will get stronger and maybe regain a little strength. I was intending to take her back to the vet this week, but I just am not convinced they can help her. I have almost every pill they make and it appears her biggest problem is strength-- what can they do for that? Her abdomen does not appear tender when I palpate it, she is not throwing up, no diarrhea, she is eating decent.....so, what can they really do? I am all for taking her if they can help, but just to take her for more tests doesn't interest me a lot. Maybe I will make an appointment, but for now we are just riding it out.

Please keep Kitty in your prayers.

I know that I come here everyday with the same message, but she really is not well-- though her condition doesn't seem to be changing much. She does seem to be a little more unstable on her feet. Once again, is that related to her heart and circulation, arthritis, or old age? I don't think any vet can really answer that--- so we just keep hoping she improves.

I am shooting as needed and her BGs are all over the board. This morning at +8 she was 237-- I didn't shoot. I don't feel comfortable shooting in the 200s at +8 with her dereased appetite.

Wishing Everyone a Great Day......

2. Dragonfly229

Dragonfly229 Member

She's a fighter, that's for sure. I'm thinking of you and Kitty and check every day for her updates. I hope that she continues to hold her own and improve little by little.

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

I suppose it's like any elderly patient. They get tired and slow down eating until they really aren't eating enough to stay alive. You could look into a feeding tube like you might with a ill human patient, but not sure you would want to go there. Hard, hard decisions, Kim. Many ((hugs))

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning my sweet family.

Kim - I know how badly you want to see KittyGirl regain her strength, weight and health. If it only took our 'wanting', our babies would all be SO perfect wouldn't they? As you and sweet baby walk this path together, she's teaching you SO much. This is her gift to YOU and her legacy. If you hadn't had sweet girl, you wouldn't have learned about FD - if you hadn't learned about FD, Sir Chewy would still be sitting there waiting for a home! ...and the 'next one' won't sit there either....what a true blessing KittyGirl is!

Hugs and scritches for the rest of the fuzzy feet!

5. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Yes, She is very special. There have been days, that I thought she was ready to go-- then she would rally. And, when I saw the rally, I was So glad I hadn't made the final decisoin--because it gave me hope. If I knew there was no better for her, I would let her go. But, I am not convinced yet and she appears comfortable.

The feeding tube does not interest me-- at least not on a long term basis. I think I should get her blood work repeated to see if it reveals anything significant.

It is hard to see them decline and get old. But, it is part of life and we have had a GREAT one together. I just want to live up to my end of our bargin-- and not let her suffer in the end. I promised her that years ago.

6. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Oh, Kim, how my heart aches for you both. I follow your threads all day long...hoping...as I KNOW you are, that Kitty will regain her strength. No pain is good and I know you'll do what's right for her - whatever that is.

Praying strength and peace -

Libby (and Hershey, too!)

7. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Thumper & Callie are on Vitamin B12 injections. I don't know if that would help Kitty gain any strength but it might be worth asking about. :YMHUG:

8. Ginny & Alex

Ginny & Alex Well-Known Member

Kim,
    Just wanted to check in and say I am thinking and praying for Kitty and for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.