Kitty 5/21

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Morning,

I could just copy and paste yesterday's Kitty post. Nothing has changed. She did eat decent this morning and came to the kitchen to eat with the other cats. I have a call into the vet to discuss her situation. I started not to post this morning, but I know that you care, and if one of you were where I am at-- I would want an update.

Please keep Kitty and Me in your thoughts and prayers. I love her dearly and this is very hard.

Thanks.....

Kim And Kitty

2. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Eating is good! Maybe she'll pounce on another leaf to let you know she's still got some fire in her belly! Kitty is SO very fortunate to have a mom who would do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING she can to keep her comfortable and happy throughout all her ups and downs! Our best to you both!

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

No change is better than a bad change, Kim. Don't you dare not post every morning! nailbite_smile I look for the news from the Alley every day.

4. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Kim, I know it's hard to post when there is no news, but thank you for keeping us updated. I record Hershey's numbers, then look for a post from you. We care deeply for you and Kitty and want to know how everyone is doing.

Take care -

Libby (and Hershey, too!)

5. sophie

sophie Member

Dearest Kim and Kitty,

I, too, read your every post and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You and Kitty will always have a permanent spot, as a courageous and loving team, in my heart and soul. Please take good care of all members of my favorite Alley gang.
    Sophie

6. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I just talked with the internalist at the vet school. He says that the symptoms I am describing do not sound like heart failure to him. He is inclined to think it is anemia or DIABETES. I can buy into the anemia, as she was bounderline in need of a supplement for it months ago-- but, they elected to wait before starting it. I cannot buy into the diabetes. He wants me to take her tomorrow and let her spend the day at the vet school for some bloodwork to see if they can pinpoint her problem. She is not showing classic symptoms for any of the diseases that she is fighting. There is no diarrhea, no vomiting, no labored breathing---- no anything except weakness and poor appetite. The vet says that heart failure would be low on his list of suspicions. IF, and I say IF, it is the anemia, they can help her. I said I would not take her back for ANY more tests, but if it is anemia then there is treatment available, with immediate postitive results.

I am torn again...... but, I do know, that lethargy and poor appetite are the only outward symptoms that I am seeing.

7. Jenn & Baxter

Jenn & Baxter Well-Known Member

This is positive...well it is to me. Anemia is very treatable.

Chin up Kim we are here for you & Kitty! :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

8. Oh, how awesome would it be if all Kitty needs is a One-a-Day w/iron? Yeah, I'm not buying "diabetes" either, hon. I'm pretty sure you are familiar with what that looks like and how it makes the kitties act.

Praying for anemia, because you and Kitty can kick THAT things butt!
    I look everyday for an Alley update, Kim. Even when there's nothing to report, well, report THAT. If everyone felt that "no news" wasn't worth reporting, CNN wouldn't be on 24 hours a day!
    Carl

9. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers here as usual for my extra sweet family.

I second Carl's statement....even 'nothing' is something. I can't help but always think the worst if I DON'T see a post...you're the first one I look for even if I don't have time to post right then.

Extra hugs Kim...

10. MayBTheresHope

MayBTheresHope Member

Here is to praying for anemia! Good luck Kitty! We are all pulling for you!

11. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

I expect there would be some willing volunteers for a blood drive if you needed them. Feel free to stop by my house and pick up 2-3 if it's a BYOC at the vet school! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't you just see them sitting in the chairs waiting til their turn, and then the little colored boo-boo bandages on their front paws when they're done? Very cute!!! Instead of juice & cookies, it's tuna water & sardines.... and no catnip for 24 hours! :lol:

12. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

Kim and Kitty and the rest of the alley !! you are in my constant thoughts and prayers :YMHUG:

13. RobbiesMom

RobbiesMom Member

sounds like more than no news here - hang in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.