Kitty's 4th OTJ test 108

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I feel good about this! It was 1.5 hours after food, and it's right in line with last week's test, 109. Why he is now in the low 100s, where he ran green for MONTHS on low doses, I'm not sure. But as long as he tests consistently in the healthy range, I'm happy!

His WCR is odd, but okay, I guess. It's hot and humid out; he sits on our porch all day long, except for when I drag him in to cool him off and give him a few bites of food. He doesn't move around much.

But I'm assuming that his numbers are like a health barometer. If something were really wrong, his numbers would show it. Anyone else have thoughts about that assumption?

Meanwhile... happy day.

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Kathy & Kitty too :mrgreen:

Good Kitty surfing normal #s!!
    In general cats are just kind of chill, they get tired.. they are aging soooooo fast!! I think that makes them tired.. not to mention the warmer weather! I do think Kitty is just being a Kitty Cat no oddness here ;-) Sadi (Baby's sister) has been a bit lethargic, more lazy lately.. I took her temp & it was normal, her litterbox movements & eating are normal - so I am not worried.. my assumption is that when there is a problem.. there are definite symptoms!
    Have a terrific weekend!!!

3. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Yay for Kitty! I'm so proud of YOU for being chill..you are doing so well on YOUR part of the OTJ phase. :thumbup
    Should I worry that you aren't worrying? :lol: :shock: :lol: Of course kitty is doing great. I understand your dilemma though with wondering about the laying around 'too much'. It is so hard since he's a CAT and that's what CATS do, to know if anything is askew. They are probably fine, but you don't want to ignore.
    I think I missed Hank's being sick at first for those very reasons.
    If only they could talk! ...make it so much easier.
    "No Mom, I'm just chillin'....thanks for checking, but could you please leave now so i can resume my NAP?!' :lol:
    Hank may be somewhat more active now that he feels better, but he still sleeps an awful lot, HE"S A CAT.

Kathy, I'm guessing if you tested more than 1 1/2 hrs past food, you'd get a lower number. Sometimes it takes 2-4 hours for their food to process. These are all good non-diabetic numbers though as we know.

Nicole: How do you do this? ...with a regular thermometer? ...and in which end? ;-)

I did test Hank yesterday, just haven't had a chance to post yet. I think I will save it for that.
    Maybe later or tomorrow.

betty

4. Kathy and Kitty

Betty, I think you hit it -- I missed Kitty's diabetes diagnosis for awhile because I thought, oh, he's just cold, it's winter, he likes to lie in his bed. It wasn't until an infection hit that I took him to the vet.

The funny thing is... even when he was being treated with insulin, he STILL liked to spend all his winter time in bed. Was it a symptom? And if so, of WHAT???

I still worry. It's in my blood. :lol:

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Betty! I take the temp.. digital thermometer.. a lil vaseline & stick it in the end! :lol:

6. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

I sure hope you have a separate one for yourself.......or some really heavy duty sterile alcohol/bleach. :shock: :lol:

Hank may let me poke his ear...but i can't see him letting me do that. You're a brave Bean.
    So what is normal range temp. for a cat?

Sorry to hijack, kathy!

I need to rent a condo. :razz:

betty

7. Kathy and Kitty

You are welcome to camp out in my condo, Betty.

I also can't imagine Kitty allowing such indignities. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.