LANTUS & LEVEMIR DISCOUNTED "UP TO" 75% OFF COUPON

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Alex (GA), Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I wanted to call your attention to a Supply Closet post from Pat and Skipper:
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28228

Lantus deep discount coupon

Postby Pat and Skipper ยป Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:39 am
    Got this from FaceBook:
    ...."you can find a 'upto' 75% off coupon at http://www.yourrxdiscounts.com. When you go to the site, a screen will come up and you can enter the drug name, and then the various coupons for that product will come up. I was very sceptical, but when I took the printed coupon to CVS, the price went from about $250 to just $43.99."

Coupon is supposedly valid at all major pharmacy chains and worth a try.

Direct link to 75% off coupon:
    http://www.yourrxdiscounts.com/printabl ... 7&g=313433

the direct link to the levemir flexpens coupons can be found here: http://www.yourrxdiscounts.com/printable_coupon.php?m=1038&g=313433
    this is quite a savings!

THANK YOU, PAT!

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Wow, someone needs to print this off and try it. I don't need insulin right now, but if it works, then I may have to print a coupon out!

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

jill...you always give the best advice!!

celi & binks

4. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

Thanks Jill and Pat. What an incredible savings. I'll definitely check into it. :smile:

5. Jaye and Chester

Jaye and Chester Member

I printed it off and it won't be too long before I have to try it. Frustrating now that Chester is on such a low dose. I asked my vet if there was anyone at the clinic who might want to share some Levemir flexpens and she said I was the only one on it! (well, Chester actually!).

I called Wal-Mart about a similar coupon and they said they get those all the time and honor them.

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I saw coupons for vials and Solostar pens but not cartridges. Does anyone know if you need a different prescription for the Solostar pens?

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great deal! I have to laugh because every time i see this post I read "LANTUS AND LEVEMIR DISCONTINUED" ohmygod_smile makes me nervous.

8. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Sweet!! Thank you Jill and Pat! I have to get pens this weekend (was going to last weekend and got busy, another case of everything happens for a reason I guess) :smile:

9. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Ann, if you scroll down the list, the cartiridges are listed under "Lantus opticlik c". Yes, you would need a new script for pens.

There is also a 75% coupon under "Insulin glargine" that doesn't specify Lantus. I'm not sure if there is a generic for Lantus?

Great deal if it works!

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Thanks Laurie, I guess I forgot the "opticlick ".

11. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. I've put it in my favorites for future use. :)

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

13. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I also had to re-read the subject line a few times as I, too, thought it read "discontinued". LOL

14. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Tucker's script for Levemir Flexpens needs to be filled so I'll call it in and let you know when I pick it up tonight if this coupon works.

Fingers crossed :mrgreen:

15. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I noticed on this site you can sign up for a "discounted" pharmacy card that gives up to 75% off each time, so would we need just the card to get the discount, or do we need the coupon each time?

16. Mad Scientist and Buddy

Mad Scientist and Buddy Member

I'm having a tough time believing this but, I'll try it out anyway. Will let you all know how it goes. Gotta get a new scrip for Solo Star. My Buddy has the vial scrip currently, since he's on so little, it's worth the $$ to get solostar - especially if this all works.

17. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

If you go to the home page, there is a list of all drugs you can click on and get a possible discount on other stuff: example humilin R. 75% off.

18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Amazing...thanks Jill!!! I hope this works...what a great savings.

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

i hope this works, too! have to pick up a script from my vet before i can try using the coupon.

devon --- read through the FAQs (linked above) for answers to your questions. i believe they also list a phone number if you have further questions.

jennifer --- thank you. let us know how it goes. good luck!

just a suggestion...
    use the "Pharmacy Locator" linked above to find a participating pharmacy in your area.
    there were 12 pharmacies listed when i did a search using my zip code.

20. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

awesome! i printed the coupon (3 of them actually since there's no expiration date) and called a friend to have a script called in and will go pick up tonight too. will post with the results. :)

i've still got 2 pens from the free pack at the end of the last year but heck yeah i'm gonna go ahead and use this. you never know when you'll drop one or one will poop out or whatever.

21. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

just wondering how much they will give you off since it says "UP TO" 75% off and then when I checked what meds a page came up and said $49 off a purchase of lev. did not read anything to check out. bad headache tonight

22. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Up to 75 percent wasn't much. My AAA card gave me a better price. I believe this was about five percent, and my AAA is around ten percent.

I went to Walgreens, maybe others would get a better discount at other pharmacies.

23. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

knew it was too good to be true

24. Jill & Alex (GA)

blah! 5% off isn't much at all. :sad:
    thanks for letting us know. it'll be interesting to see if other pharmacies offer a higher percentage off...

25. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

There is no generic. "Glargine" is the actual name of the insulin. "Lantus" is the marketing/brand name.

You probably need the coupon each time to get the up to 75% discount. The card alone will give you a discount but I don't know if you can combine it with a coupon.

List of free US prescription drug cards: http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/r ... 84,1946184

That's $49 for each Levemir Flexpen, NOT for the box of five. The quantity listed is packet (3ml). So a box of Flexpens would cost, at $49 each pen, $245.

Lantus is listed the same way for both the SoloStar pens and the cartridges, as individual pens/cartridges not a box.

26. Jill & Alex (GA)

for this particular offer from yourrxdiscounts.com, all you need is the printout of the coupon OR the "discounted pharmacy card" (which they'll send to you, if requested).
    FAQs: http://www.yourrxdiscounts.com/faq.php?g=313433

i *think* the coupon dian is referring to is the one that says "$49 off your next prescription for Levemir".
    coupon: http://www.yourrxdiscounts.com/printable_coupon.php?m=85&g=313433

would you please link where you're finding "quantity listed" for lev flexpens and lantus cartridges and solostar pens? i can't seem to find that info.
    thank you!

27. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Well crappus...I'm going on Saturday, but I have a bad feeling since it says "up to 75% off". I will try to get online and let everyone know after I get her refill.

28. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

well, i checked it out at my local walmart.

lantus solostar pens, 5 pack, original price before coupon $207.25
    after coupon $198.00
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

i decided to hold out and see if something better doesn't come along towards the end of the year since i don't exactly need it just yet.

29. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Oops :oops: It's on a different web site than yourrxdiscounts.com I was using a truncated URL which just said yourrx.... Did not realize that it was for a different web site (yourrxcard.com/)

30. Mad Scientist and Buddy

Cindy,

Thanks for the update. While it's not that great of a discount, it will be worth it for me to go to Walmart instead of Costco as the cost difference ($8) becomes more negligible when factoring in ease. Walmart 10 min away, Costco 35 min.

Tony

31. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Just went to walgreens to get my pen refill and the coupon did not save me anything Do Lou is with the walgreens drug program and the only diff the coupon was going to give me was 2cents. Maybe someone can get a deal with it somewhere but I get all my drugs at walgreens its close to home for me

32. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I checked with CVS today. For the solostar pens, the cash price was $251, price with coupon was $194.

33. Mad Scientist and Buddy

Lantus Vial at CVS $112 with coupon $107. Looks like these coupons are reigning in price gouging. $190 ish for Solostar pens can be had with no coupon at Costco/Walmart/Target.

Don't waste your time. Best bet is to find a friend with diabetes on lantus or buy from Canada Drugs - although I'm a little uncertain about them as well.

Someone PM'd me about the coupon and swore up and down that they use it for Solostar at CVS and it works - it doesn't. So I wonder about the quality of Canadadrugsonline as well, and actually makes me uneasy about the information on this whole site. SOOOO, word to people giving info out - don't testify something to be true if you don't have proof/personal knowledge about it, cause it detracts from trustworthiness of the entire community here.

Tony

34. Jen and Oreo (GA)

I had the same experience that Jennifer did, my AAA card was cheaper than this coupon. Got mine from King Soopers (Kroger).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.