Lantus- Skipped dose and follow up testing ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Bit of a cross post from inside my lantus condo...gets busy over there sometimes, so I thought I would throw it out to the general public. :smile:

I opted to skip latte's dose this morning after a preshot of 108. I stalled and 30min later it went down to 59...took a while to get it back up just over 100 and I had to go to work...blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, she is of course high tonight (341). I am okay with a bed check, but wondering if there is a reason I should do any other checks tonight. Im assuming the insulin will give her little to no action tonight because of the shed depletion. Is that correct? She 'typically' runs higher at night because of pred, but can often drop mid cycle and beyond once it wears off. The only other thing I can think of is if any of her high number is related to a bounce and wears off.

I guess I would just like to give her a break, unless there is valuable data to be obtained OR the potential for action to happen unexpectedly.

any thoughts?

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

No advice..but I do feel your pain.. even the higher #s now.. are peace of mind to me than shooting a low pre shot #, but I know that my mind set is not right - I need to listen to the experts, but I would have.. & have done.. exactly what you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.