Lantus smell

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tara and Nick, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

We seem to be having a problem where sometimes there's some lingering smell of Lantus after kitty's shot, even though we see the needle go in and know that the injection location is fine. Fur is NOT wet at all, not in the slightest, and BGs seem to reflect that he's received his full dose. Does the strong odor sometimes leech from their pores or something?
    confused_cat

Edited to add: We shoot in the side or flank, not scruff.

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hmm, I will be curious to hear what others say, Baby is on Lantus & I have never smelled any odor from giving her the injections. However, we are new.

3. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

Thanks Nicole! We've been giving Nick insulin for three months. Some days he smells and some he doesn't, but the BGs seem pretty consistent so we're sure it's getting in there. Weird!

4. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Totally normal, and yes it seems to ooze out of their pores.. Seems to be a purely Lantus phenomenon.

Attached Files:

5. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

I noticed Peeps getting a weird smell sometimes when I gave her vetsulin. I cannot describe the smell, but it definitely was not her normal stink!

Attached Files:

6. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

Thanks, Lisa! I feel much better! And Michele, that's hilarious. We all know that "normal" stinkage...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.