? LDN resource or information?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Joanne&TinySole, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

I'm happy to report that Tiny Solé is still doing well since she came OTJ in December of 2018. Her BGs run in the 70s and 80s steadily! She still does have the carpal hyper-extension, but is living with it ok and getting along just fine.

BUT...there's always a but...now my little guy, Skeeter Bean has been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma and possible lymphoma so I'm here to ask if anyone has ever used Low Dose Naltrexone, or LDN for their cats, and if anyone in PA has a veterinarian who might prescribe it - I'm in Pittsburgh. The vet thinks lymphoma because his liver enzymes have been high for about three years.

Please let me know any success stories or information - I want to try to give him the best possible chance.

The good news with Cookie...you might remember that she had pancreatitis and a lot of diarrhea...is that, as chunky as she is, she had HYPERthyroidism! so her little system was working on overtime. Now that she's on medicine, she is calmer and her stools are formed and all is well. I could not believe that my chunky-monkey cat had hypertyhroidism! but she did!

I'll post this over in the general forum and will gladly take any stories, anecdote, helpful hints and information for Skeeter that the kitty-hive has to offer.

So, 3 out of 4 of my cats have medical issues...I guess they came to the right house!...who needs money when you have the love of cats! :D

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am unable to help but I’ll tag @tiffmaxee sje may be able to

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Thank you! XOXO

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry you haven’t received any replies. I’ll tag @tiffmaxee agsin in case the tag didn’t work and also @Wendy&Neko

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to read this. I’ve never used it. My lymphoma cat was put on chemo. I hope you get sine answers and wish the best for Skeeter.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, my lymphoma kitties were/are also on chemo. They were small cell lymphoma - different types of lymphoma = different treatments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.