Libre Readings help

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Cardinal1987, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Cardinal1987

Cardinal1987 New Member

Hi All
    I was wondering if someone can review Faith's current Libre readings and advise if you think Faith needs an increase to 2.0 AM and PM.
    If I am required to enter the Libre data onto the FDMB spreadsheets I will attempt this tomorrow (the spreadsheet looks very intimidating)
    Healthy Regards
    Faith and Maria

Faith (dob 8/25/2005 - age 15) & Maria DX: Dec 2016-Vetinsulin 1.5 AM&PM- Libre-F F/Friskies &Purina DM

Attached Files:

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Maria, please let me know if you have a problem setting up the SS. I can set it up for you to enter the Libre data in. :)

Here are the FDMB Spreadsheet Instructions and how to use the SS Understanding the Spreadsheet/Grid

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I am absolutely no pro when it comes to reading Libre results, but if your test results were plotted on our spreadsheet, I think I'd say Faith is bouncing.

Bounces happen when 1. they drop too low, 2. they drop too quickly, 3. they drop into numbers their body isn't used to anymore (or any combination of all 3).

Vetsulin isn't really a very good insulin for cats. In the rest of the world it's called Caninsulin which is a pretty good clue that it's a better dog insulin. Lantus, Basaglar, Levemir or ProZinc are gentler insulins that tend to work better in cats.

I know our spreadsheet looks intimidating, but it really isn't. Once it's set up, all you have to do is put in the numbers in the right cells. I'd be happy to set one up for you if you'd like!

@Bandit's Mom is the other member who is more than happy to set up a spreadsheet for you. I've sent you a private message so check your Inbox.

Bandit's Mom likes this.