Lotus Chicken Stew

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HereKittyKittyKitty, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

Out of food this morning and no one close had 9Lives. In desperation I bought Lotus Chicken Stew. According to Lotus, it has 3.9 percent carbs. The food chart here doesn't list all of the Lotus foods, and what is listed is too high for diabetes, but here is the link to their website with their claimed values for the Just Juicy line:

http://www.lotuspetfoods.com/for-cats/canned-just-juicy/lotus-nutrient-table/

I don't know if their way of figuring carbs is the same as Dr. P...

The cat wolfed down half of the can in about 10 minutes, but at about $3 a can, this won't be happening again any time soon.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

To me it appears that the %'s are weight %, not the % of calories (carbs make up 3.5% by total weight NOT that carbs supply 3.5% of total calories).
    I calculate that about 12% of calories are from carbs

HereKittyKittyKitty likes this.
  3. HereKittyKittyKitty

9 Lives won't be happening again, either. Mold in the cans I got at Family Dollar :arghh: :mad: I posted the story/issue in my other 9 Lives problem thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-lives-mixed-grill-pate-problem.201454/

This morning, busted the budget on some Fancy Feast pates to get us through the actual move :eek:

Maybe the higher carbs are why the cat was somewhat lethargic. Couldn't test because everything is boxed... although it could have been mold if the can last night had mold in it :(

4. HereKittyKittyKitty

Thank you. I was afraid of that :banghead:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.